Author Topic: Philippines Marang - Artocarpus odoratissimus fresh seeds for sale - SECOND YEAR  (Read 15636 times)

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!
For Marang lovers  have some seeds available.
They are from the same fruits, same tree as last year.
For more information you can check my previous post:

http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=17393.0

Just PM if interested.

Thanks!  :)
Lorenzo

tong3829

• thailand
    • View Profile
pm sent

onur

• NJ
    • View Profile
PM sent.

posci35

• Malayu Peninsular
    • View Profile
PM sent

druss

• australia
    • View Profile
Pm sent

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
I apologize to everybody for late replying, internet connection is not always available here!
Thanks for your patience.
Seeds are FRESH and will be shipped in a proper way to ensure prompt germination
we are currently eating the fruits (delicious!  :P )
Thanks!
Lorenzo

James Cheng

• R.O.C, Taiwan,Taichung,402
    • View Profile
pm sent

ben mango

• View Profile
i have been eating 1-2 fruits per day in Davao for the last 2.5 weeks, usually as breakfast sometimes with other fruits, i think i could never get tired of it

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
I agree with you, the taste is so pleasant, the texture so creamy, the flavour so good that it's never enough!
Try it fresh from the refrigerator, it just melts in your mouth  ;D
Lorenzo

schizoidman

• Taiwan Pingtung, 12b
    • View Profile
Got my beautiful seeds. All of them have sprouted! Thank you.

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
You are so welcome, enjoy your seedlings and i wish they will grow strong and bear plenty of tasty fruits!!  :)
Lorenzo

Faldon

• south korea, pusan
    • View Profile
Received seeds. and loos like perpect condition.

Thanks.

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
Great!  ;D
Lorenzo

VeiledMaid

• Maricopa Arizona USA Zone 9
    • View Profile
PM sent :D
- Veiled Maid
@VeiledMaid

Just purchased another 10 acres. I need to plant more fruit trees.
Wanted / Wish List: Durian, Marang, and any fruit that has cool spikes or looks fury

My microclimate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=disiR01AaCo Sandstorm season 3/4 of the year. Wish me luck!

VeiledMaid

• View Profile
Mailman showed up with empty envelope. No seeds. Please advise.

Edit:
I refused delivery and had Mailman return to sender. You can track it with the same tracking number you provided me.

Too bad. I had my heart set on growing Marang for my family.
This is the second time I ordered Marang, and didn't receive it.
First was from a highly respected seller (who has 100% feedback from Dave's Garden, and is loved here)
Marang denied :(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:26:58 PM by VeiledMaid »
- Veiled Maid
@VeiledMaid

Wanted / Wish List: Durian, Marang, and any fruit that has cool spikes or looks fury

My microclimate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=disiR01AaCo Sandstorm season 3/4 of the year. Wish me luck!

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile

Edit:
I refused delivery and had Mailman return to sender. You can track it with the same tracking number you provided me.

First was from a highly respected seller (who has 100% feedback from Dave's Garden, and is loved here)

Were the seeds confiscated? I purchased Marang seeds from Lory last year and it was a smooth transaction.
Michael

VeiledMaid

• View Profile

Edit:

Were the seeds confiscated? I purchased Marang seeds from Lory last year and it was a smooth transaction.

I didn't see notice on the envelope, and it didn't look opened. I'll let Lorenzo look into it. If agro isn't accepting his certificates, then the seeds could have sprouted, or maybe mold. This could be bad news, if certified seeds are taken by agro.

I hope there's not some weird designation about Marang entering USA now.
My gosh, that would suck. I'm almost hoping he just forgot to put the seeds in the envelope. lol
- Veiled Maid
@VeiledMaid

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
Hope it all works out for you. A real bummer when you wait in anticipation for weeks,
only to find that the seeds never arrive.
Michael

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
Hello, I just replied to your personal mail.
You actually received the seeds but you didn't accept the shipping!!
Why didn't accept the envelope and OPENED it?? ???
The envelope is a big padded one and looks LIGHT  because the seeds are evenly distributed in an inner ziplock bag with damp kithen towel!
You had to accept and open it! I'm ready to bet seeds are inside and are still perfectly alive. They were shipped just 10 days ago coming straight from a ripe and fressh fruit  so for sure they are still in perfect conditions!
Please get in touch with your local courier, accept the shippping, open the envelope and.....ENJOY YOUR SEEDS!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:15:21 AM by Lory »
Lorenzo

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
What kind of parcel would you expect to get?
A huge and heavy one?
Seeds of this marang variety are the size of a PEA and weigh less than one gram!

The units in the pic are in CENTIMETERS

1 cm = 0.4 inches !

Lorenzo

VeiledMaid

• View Profile
Mail carrier said that the package was empty. I was informed of agriculture inspection, and you will receive the empty envelope back. I recieve seeds from all over the world. If you look at how many trees and plants I own, you can see, I get a lot of seeds. I know mistakes happen. I was hoping this was just a mistake. If Agro removed seeds, it was for a reason. If they couldn't read your cert, if the seeds were moldy, if the seeds had sprouted and started growing... You'll know why when you get the package. Lorenzo, I'm not the person who is responsible for making that package empty. It was empty. It was confirmed as empty by the post office.

Here's a video that describes in short what can happen when seeds go through Agro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4jI3J7bO10

There can be a lot of reasons why they didn't pass.
You'll find out, and please share why when you do. The information may help all of us better share our seeds (which is so very important that we all be able to do).
You know your seeds very well, and have a lot of experience shipping from Philippines. It should really be you that shares that information.

I went to the post office, on your request. At least I was able to find out why there were no seeds. Agriculture inspection.

I'm just a botanist who grows out masses of seeds from all over, hoping to have interresting and useful plants for my family. What do I know about sending seeds? Really nothing. You're the pro. I'll leave it for you to find out why they were removed.
- Veiled Maid
@VeiledMaid

Lory

• Cebu-Philippines 10° N
    • View Profile
I'm upset and speechless now  :(
 I've shipped all over the world including California and AUSTRALIA (theis customs and bureau of quarantine are extremely strict) and never ever had any issue.
Thanks for the interesting video, it's exactly what i usually do with my seeds excepted the disinfection with hydrogen peroxide since it might kill some sensitive seeds.
If you clean the seeds well under runnig tap water (slightly chlorinated) you remove the flesh carefully, you dry them with a towel and you pack them with new kitchen paper they won't get rot or moldy unless the shipping takes months.
I will try to get more information about the returning envelope.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience because all in all the worst is that you've no seeds now  :-\
Lorenzo

DurianLover

• Bali, Indonesia
    • View Profile
Fresh marang seeds are very easy, I had them sprouting in 3-5 days simply by leaving few on a sink in a high humidity bathroom. Seeds sprouting in transit and consequently being destroyed by USDA is not responsibility or skill of the sender. Every person placing an order from overseas should be aware of of this possibility. Please do not harass Lory with unwarranted expectations.

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
I stopped ordering Artocarpus seeds out of the US. Did you have a green/yellow label? What port of entry did you use? I just received an intercepted package a few days ago. It had two faded red stamps on it that said "received without contents at _________" and us customs tape where they opened it. I even had the my permit inside but the sender put the green/yellow label in the envelope instead of the outside. They also include a "Mail Interception Notice" explaining the issue. Never EVER EVER go through Miami. The are mentally deficient and believe vermiculite is "forest material" among other issues that I went into very deep detail in another thread.

Did you open the package? Did you have the proper small lot of seed permit with the green/yellow label?

I have had an excellent experience buying seeds from Lory. One of the better sellers I have dealt with.

Your best bet is find a seller in Hawaii that has a fresh fruit and will sell you the seeds right away. Otherwise I may have some Marang trees for sale at an exorbitant price sometime in the future.

I have lost A LOT of money on seeds.
-Josh

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
@veiled maid I just reread what you wrote. There is no way Marang is going to pass Ag inspection without sprouting. I am still curious if you used a green/yellow and small seed lot permit. Without that you are taking all the risk.
-Josh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk