Author Topic: Does anyone has experience with Lemoncitrustree.com ?  (Read 4417 times)

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
Does anyone has experience with Lemoncitrustree.com ?
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »
This outfit is selling citrus on line and is shipping to Florida. I wonder if any of you has experience buying from them?.
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Global Moderator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone has experience with Lemoncitrustree.com ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
Looks like they may have a bad rep: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/7949/

This outfit is selling citrus on line and is shipping to Florida. I wonder if any of you has experience buying from them?.
Jeff  :-)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »
Lemon Citrus Tree cannot shipping citrus trees into Florida. If they have done so in the past, it is illegal. - Millet
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 04:07:56 PM by Millet »

Scott_6B

• North Shore, Massachusetts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »
I have ordered from them in the past (with trepidation), as they were the only source I could find for the variety I was interested in.  I personally did not have any issues, and the tree was of good size for the price.

However, they certainly have had problems in the past with illegal interstate shipments of citrus.  From what I understand, Lemoncitrustree is broker that serves as a middleman between large wholesale growers and consumers.  I believe that they now will only ship trees in Florida that originate from FL nurseries. 

I'm not a big fan of their gimmicky marketing.... free growers pot and soil; a $20 value.... yeah right.
In ordering from any online vendor that you are unfamiliar with, I would highly recommend calling/emailing the first to make sure they have the tree available for immediate delivery.   If anything seems fishy, then don't order.

If you decide to order from them, I would recommend going through Amazon.com, as they have a store there.  This should give you more protection should something go wrong.

sugar land dave

• sugar land, tx Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:11:41 AM »
Good info. Thanks!

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
I just received a tree from them and it was exactly as advertised.  Details here: http://tropicalfruitforum.com/index.php?topic=10129.msg133620#msg133620

I ordered direct from the lemontreecitrus.com site, not through Amazon.  Maybe the florida recall incidents were just a supplier issue after all.  My tree appears to have shipped from Lousiana, according to the tracking info.