Author Topic: Gold Nugget curling and pale leaves  (Read 1661 times)

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Gold Nugget curling and pale leaves
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:00:27 PM »
I just planted my golden nugget 2 months ago.  Since then, there hasn't been any new growth.  The new growth that was there when I bought from the nursery is really struggling due to leaf miner.  (Just spray some spinosad a week ago. The owner of the nursery said don't fertilize for 2 months.  So yesterday I use half a cup of citrus & avocado gro-power on it.  From the pictures, can anybody tell me the macro or micro deficiency is?  Or is it a root problem?  I used the moisture meter to check if it is under-watered and reading is still moist.  Any advice is appreciated.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
Re: Gold Nugget curling and pale leaves
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 09:31:47 AM »
Doesn't look bad to me.  My gold nugget has always had leaves a bit wrinkled and curly compared to my other trees.   

What are those little white dots on some of the leaves?  Some debris?  Or possibly Cottony Cusion Scale insects?

here's a picture of my golden nugget.  It is kind of neglected as I don't like this variety all that much

sc4001992

• USA, CA, Fullerton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 07:06:44 AM »
On you last photo showing the entire tree, is there damage on the bark skin of the taller trunk ? Not sure if its a glare from the sun or the trunk looks to be white on the right side (scraped) just above the bricks.

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 08:03:53 AM »
Looks like a little cotton scale on some leaves.....or is it something photo generated? If its scale now is the time to get control of it.

Bomand

• LouisianaCFDFMY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
If it is scale it is very light...to get rid of it use a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol and wipe the leaves down....do it twice about 10 days apart. This should do it.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
I did see some white dots on the leaves, check to see if they are insects.  All in all the tree looks healthy.

jtnguyen333

• San Diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
thank you all.  The white dots are from the IV organic white wash that I used to white wash the trunk.  I will try the rubbing alcohol to get rid of the scale.