Author Topic: Selling: Mangosteen fruits (sold)  (Read 3231 times)

abimael777

• USA Puerto Rico plant zone 12
    • View Profile
Selling: Mangosteen fruits (sold)
« on: June 26, 2019, 06:42:46 PM »
I will have Garcinia mangostana fruits (Mangosteen) for sale the next week (40 pounds).
5 pounds for $ 44 with shipping.
10 pounds for $ 76 with shipping (The original price was $ 70 sent in a Medium Priority Mail box but the box loses a bit the form and mail employees do not allow me to send the box like that, so I have to send the fruits in a Large box that is worth $ 6 more.f you are interested, PM me.
USA only
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 10:30:48 AM by abimael777 »

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Selling: Mangosteen fruits
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 01:07:48 AM »
PM sent
-Chris

abimael777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 12:16:21 PM »
Hello I will have for the next week 40 pounds more.

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
PM sent

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »
Ahhhhh Puerto Rico! I miss her so much!
Ciales PR, 👍 will love to retire there in a mountain home off the grid .

Ed
Zone 10

abimael777

• View Profile
Re: Selling: Mangosteen fruits (sold)
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 05:21:50 PM »
The people who bought me fruits will be picked up between Thursday and Friday and will be sent between Thursday and Friday.
Thank you all.

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
Expecting anymore fruit?

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
The people who bought me fruits will be picked up between Thursday and Friday and will be sent between Thursday and Friday.
Thank you all.

I received the box of fruit today. Thank you.

Most of the fruit arrived in very poor condition. I don't know if any will be salvageable. I've received mangosteen from PR twice in the past from other sources and they came in excellent condition.

Here is what you should consider doing so the fruit arrives in better condition:

1) Do not tape the entire box up. The box basically will become a plastic bag because no moisture can escape. With no moisture escaping, the structural integrity of the box is gone and the fruit will rot much quicker.

2) Pick and ship Mon-Wednesday only. Shipping on Thursday and Friday means that the fruit may sit an extra day at the post office.

I am willing to purchase fruit from you again in the future as long as you make an attempt to improve your shipping. I don't mind paying more for better quality shipping.

abimael777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
I'm sorry that that happened. You can post pictures of the open fruits. What you advise me of the shipment, I tell you that if I send a package to the Fl on Monday in the afternoon, Thursday arrives according to the experience I have had sending packages, they are the same days that it is taken from Friday afternoon to Monday because on Sunday the package follows its destiny. Always all my packages I have covered tape and I had never had problems until now that you tell me what happened with your package.

lreigelman0555

• USA, Southwest Florida, Zone 9b/10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »
Got my fruits today. They came in fine condition and they're quite delicious. Thanks!

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 05:26:05 PM »
I'm sorry that that happened. You can post pictures of the open fruits. What you advise me of the shipment, I tell you that if I send a package to the Fl on Monday in the afternoon, Thursday arrives according to the experience I have had sending packages, they are the same days that it is taken from Friday afternoon to Monday because on Sunday the package follows its destiny. Always all my packages I have covered tape and I had never had problems until now that you tell me what happened with your package.

Yes, I fully understand how long it takes for a package to arrive from PR. The reason I am suggesting to mail only Mon-Wednesday is that if you mail on Thursday it will sit on Sunday, instead of being delivered. Delivery will take 4 days instead of 3 days. Friday can be okay, but sometimes it only takes 2 days from PR and that means the chance it had at delivering on day two is gone because day 2 fell on a Sunday. Just some helpful advice.

The too much tape is definitely an issue. It causes the box to retain moisture. Some of my fruit were moldy because of it and overall everything had a bad odor.

Here are the images:

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »

Yes, I fully understand how long it takes for a package to arrive from PR. The reason I am suggesting to mail only Mon-Wednesday is that if you mail on Thursday it will sit on Sunday, instead of being delivered. Delivery will take 4 days instead of 3 days. Friday can be okay, but sometimes it only takes 2 days from PR and that means the chance it had at delivering on day two is gone because day 2 fell on a Sunday. Just some helpful advice.

The too much tape is definitely an issue. It causes the box to retain moisture. Some of my fruit were moldy because of it and overall everything had a bad odor.

Here are the images:

Very similar to mine which also arrived today, about 2/3rds of them moldy, smashed, rotten... 😭
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:52:15 PM by Rex Begonias »

abimael777

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »
Waoo
Ok, to which you get more than 5 damaged fruits per order send me a PM. When I return from my vacation we will solve this.

catchthebear

• Illinois
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Peppers
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
Mine showed up looking good.  Only had one that was not in the best shape. All others were fine (and already eaten).  Thanks! :)

vincenton

• US, West Covina CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 12:53:24 AM »
My shipment were very similar to these in the picture.

It had over 90% of 10lbs - damage, rotten, mushed, and smashed. there doesn't seem to be any rigid to support the box from fruit being damage.

We were only able to save some pieces here and there. those that weren't damage were very good. I haven't had fresh Mangostine in a very long time.

vincent.

Here are the images:

Very similar to mine which also arrived today, about 2/3rds of them moldy, smashed, rotten... 😭
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:55:59 AM by vincenton »

Rtreid

• Zone 10a Sunset zone 24
  • Zone 10a, Sunset 24, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »
I have to say that I had a very different experience.  I had 10 lbs. shipped to me, they arrived on 7/15 and were in good shape.  There were maybe four or five that were cracked or smashed. Overall I was very impressed and ate the entire box in three days!

Cheers,
Richard

acoff87

• south florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
I have to say that I had a very different experience.  I had 10 lbs. shipped to me, they arrived on 7/15 and were in good shape.  There were maybe four or five that were cracked or smashed. Overall I was very impressed and ate the entire box in three days!

Cheers,
Richard
Mine was the same or better, maybe had a few bruised fruits one cracked, no mold no complaints.
But i agree some box support would be a smart move in the future.
Overall i was very pleased with the purchase.

Rex Begonias

• USA, FL/Brevard, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »
I have to post an update, Abimael went above and beyond to address this— shipped a whole new package without me asking.

I am pleased to share, it was shipped much more solid, reinforced, and tightly packed; arrived looking good!

Only dents on maybe 3-4 fruit, so I opened those first and they were still mostly great.  Since the rest look unscathed, I can only assume they will all be awesome.

Thank you Abimael for handling this so smoothly, I have to admit I felt bad even complaining about it, but the first shipment was rough, this more than makes up for it and much appreciated; I had never had Mangosteen before - absolutely delicious!

I would def recommend and order from again! :)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:45:55 PM by Rex Begonias »

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »
Have to give great feedback to Abimael. Fat box full of wonderful mangostana, best I've ever had. Thank you very much!