Author Topic: Where to buy Exotic Fruit?  (Read 2042 times)

DRFixembones

• Miami, Florida
    • View Profile
    • www.ZacharyDvorkin.com
Where to buy Exotic Fruit?
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »
All of my trees are very young and not bearing. I want to buy some sugar apple, Longan, and rare varieties of mango. Where in South Florida can I buy these? I don't want to drive to Homestead because it's too far. Anybody growing these and willing to sell them?
Zach

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy Exotic Fruit?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »
Some of the nurseries and members will ad updates to their posts on what they have available. you can call  the nurseries in your area and to find out if they stock these fruits, and ask them when and if they are available.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy Exotic Fruit?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
If you are not specifically looking for local grown, check the Asian groceries around you. I've see longan there, pretty sure I've seen sugar apple. I know I have seen lychee, rambutan, wax apple, jak, durian and other stuff over the course of my stopping in. You just never know what they will have. Probably not much in the way of rarer mangoes.
I've been getting some nice Dragon Fruit from one near me. Saw mangosteen ($8.99/LB) there two weeks ago, should have bought some just to have tried it when I had the chance. But was in a rush, and didn't want to wait in the check out line again.

DM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk