Author Topic: Will be in Anaheim next week, looking 4 nyseries  (Read 2157 times)

AndrewAZ

• Scottsdale, AZ zone 9b
    • View Profile
Will be in Anaheim next week, looking 4 nyseries
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:03:16 AM »
Looking for nurseries with interesting fruit trees.  Stuff I cannot buy in AZ.  Also, looking for a nursery in the area that has dwarf citrus variety trees.  I have a cousin that lives in an apartment in LA and I would like to buy him a patio citrus.  He is an artist, so, unusual varieties would be a plus!

Also, any members in the area have something for sale, would live to know about it!  Rather buy from source than have it shipped. Ru

Lionking

• Covina, Ca. Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Will be in Anaheim next week, looking 4 nyseries
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:18 AM »
Looking for nurseries with interesting fruit trees.  Stuff I cannot buy in AZ.  Also, looking for a nursery in the area that has dwarf citrus variety trees.  I have a cousin that lives in an apartment in LA and I would like to buy him a patio citrus.  He is an artist, so, unusual varieties would be a plus!

Also, any members in the area have something for sale, would live to know about it!  Rather buy from source than have it shipped. Ru

Hey Andrew,
I’m in So.Cal.  About 15 miles from Anaheim.
I recommend a Meyers Lemon tree.  Great for in Pot Patio tree.  You can pick up at most Nursery.
As far as unusual varieties,  I recommend Champa nursery.  It is a small nursery in El Monte,  about 35 miles from Anaheim. 
Check out his web page..... ChampaNursury.com

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:17:57 AM »
Champa is good but small. Mimosa la is larger and has more variety. Mimosa Anaheim is nice too but small.

Unfortunately there is no citrus in oc or la counties anymore. If you are in Anaheim, you can head over to riverside county 20-30 min east and by citrus. If you’re looking for more unusual citrus you will have to go down to San Diego county.

K

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:50:11 AM »
Champa Nursery in El Monte
Mimosa Nursery in East LA
Laguna Hills Nursery in Santa Ana

Bananaizme

• USA , California,Visalia, sunset zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:18:02 AM »
 There’s also Magnolia Nursery in Anaheim and Van’s Nursery in Westminster.

William

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
don't waste your time at mimosa in anahiem.....way over priced two must go is mimosa in  L.A.  and champa.....champa is smaller but trees are better taken care of in my opinion

Eirlis

• Lake Forest, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »
Green Thumb nursery in Lake Forest still has lots of citrus as of 3 weeks ago. They also have mangoes, guavas, lots of stone fruit, passion fruit, etc. Nothing crazy unusual though.

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 01:42:07 AM »
Upland nursery in Orange (next door to Anaheim). Good variety but it will cost you. Chris
-Chris

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:51 PM »
I like upland nursery- they have really well manicured and large trees but they do charge and you won’t find any exotic fruit trees. Village nursery is next door and has a larger stock and cheaper prices but I like upland nursery - very knowledgeable owner family.

Laguna hills nursery is fantastic and has an amazing array or plants and Lea and Gary have an interesting array of side plants that they start or graft on the side so you may find a rare nugget or local cultivar that local customers bring by to share for propagation. And it’s always fun to pick Gary’s brain - he’s got a lot of perspective and exper nice and if he’s got the time will talk with you about plants and such. Great guy and family.