Author Topic: Digital Soil PH Meter  (Read 2365 times)

pschill444@aol.com

• springvalley ca.
    • View Profile
Digital Soil PH Meter
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:43 PM »
Hi All, for you that have used them i am looking for a good easy to use DIGITAL ph meter i checked them on the net. but as with any other tool i think it is best to talk with someone that has used one before and knows what they are talking about, i make my own liquid kelp,as well as banana leaf tea and also alfalfa tea, the latter 2 i want to make acid by way of adding Aerobic and Anaerobic Bacteria hence the need to test both the tea and the soil after use.      Be happy for any feedback               Regards   Patrick

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Digital Soil PH Meter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
Jeff  :-)

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »
I have used the Oakton pH model listed here. Works well but you will need calibration fluid after using it for a bit. Also read the instructions a lot of models require the diode to be kept wet in storage liquid or distilled water.

Make sure you clean the diode after use well with running tap water then use distilled water and a soft cloth if needed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:22:57 PM by nullzero »
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

meristos

• Caribbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
I use this one:

http://www.getbluelab.com/shop/By+Application/Agriculture/Bluelab+Soil+pH+Meter.html

Which allow you to check soil pH directly

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 07:41:42 PM »
I have been using the  Fieldscout Spectrum SoilStik  pH Meter for 4 years now and works flawlessly, still using the original element. I use it to check  microbial brews and my soil PH and my chemical formulations before I spray them.

This same meter which is made in China is made under different brands not sure if they are the same or different. Prices range from $79.00 to $159.00  the Fildscout brand seems more expensive.
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

Cookie Monster

• Broward, FL Zone 10b
  • Administrator
  • Eye like mangoes
    • Tamarac, FL, 33321, 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
Slick! So you don't need to mix soil with distilled water? How is the accuracy?

I have been using the  Fieldscout Spectrum SoilStik  pH Meter for 4 years now and works flawlessly, still using the original element. I use it to check  microbial brews and my soil PH and my chemical formulations before I spray them.

This same meter which is made in China is made under different brands not sure if they are the same or different. Prices range from $79.00 to $159.00  the Fildscout brand seems more expensive.
Jeff  :-)

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »
You still need to make your soil solution with distilled water. Only accurate way to get a good reading.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 11:41:46 AM by CTMIAMI »
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

pschill444@aol.com

• springvalley ca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 01:21:27 PM »
thanks everyone for your input, altho i am still at a loss.           Patrick

Pan Dulce

• Central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »
Buy yourself a Hanna Instruments pHep®5 pH/Temperature Tester - HI98128. The probe is easily replaceable, it's waterproof, it floats, etc.... if you need to make EC measurements while mixing fertilizer then get the EC/pH/PPT tester.  This brand is the best on the market, and I say this because I have used all others, and I use an EC and pH tester everyday in the field.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk