Author Topic: Just saying but only buy a desktop or laptop with an M.2 full NVME option  (Read 1269 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Yikes this new Dell 5575 Ryzen laptop (used gotten off ebay but new to me) is flying even with an inferior KingSpec 256GB NVME card inserted as the Windows Ten Operating System. Look at Dell Inspiron 5575 Ryzen for NVME options.

You buy or build new computer.......make sure it is full M.2 NVME capable...and not an inferior M.2 SATA slot meaning you get no better speed than traditional SSD drives by Samsung etc.   Many motherboards are NVME and I just might build an Asrock B450 mobo desktop computer. Build on this this Asrock Motherboard with a Ryzen 2400G>>>> https://www.amazon.com/ASRock-B450M-HDV-R4-0-Promontory-Motherboard/dp/B07MWGKHR9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=b450m-hdv&qid=1568526990&s=electronics&sr=1-1

The NVME hard drives with much faster reads and writes are taking over so fast that NVME at 256GB are about the same price as ye old SSD
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:44:28 PM by zands »

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
Re: Just saying but only buy a desktop or laptop with an M.2 full NVME option
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 06:38:30 AM »
What fruit is that?

My Win10 notebook with the NVME drive boots in 5 seconds...shutdown in 3 sec. But this one is 2 years old already.

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 09:04:39 AM »
What fruit is that?

My Win10 notebook with the NVME drive boots in 5 seconds...shutdown in 3 sec. But this one is 2 years old already.

Udon Noodle.... same boot  time with me. And you bought two years ago for lots more $$ shekels and NVME was a more exclusive club. Now I bought for $300 used on eBay. I am amazed at the 256GB NVME boot time and responsiveness once the Dell 5575 is turned on. Laptop also has a 1TB hard drive at  a pathetic 5400RPM that I use as storage.....movies...MP3 etc

pvaldes

• Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 09:08:44 AM »
Or use gnu-linux instead in an older computer, save money, and your definition of fast computer will change forever...

Maybe will not boot in 5 seconds, but if correctly configured will run pretty quick, is very safe, and nobody will collect your data on everything that you open and do with your machine.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:19:42 AM by pvaldes »

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
The Dell Inspiron 15 5575 sports a 15.5-inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution which is a good value for money. The display has a LED-backlit display panel with an anti-glare coating that minimizes the reflections on the screen. The display quality is really impressive and watching movies on the bright screen is fun

Besides the legit NVME drive slot, that my eBay seller inserted a 256GB  NVME card into, another reason I bought this one from eBay is the full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution. It seems that major websites are optimized for full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution default and my other laptop missed this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:37:51 AM by zands »

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 10:56:01 AM »
The Dell Inspiron 15 5575 sports a 15.5-inch full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution which is a good value for money. The display has a LED-backlit display panel with an anti-glare coating that minimizes the reflections on the screen. The display quality is really impressive and watching movies on the bright screen is fun

Besides the legit NVME drive slot, that my eBay seller inserted a 256GB  NVME card into, another reason I bought this one from eBay is the full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution. It seems that major websites are optimized for full HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution default and my other laptop missed this.

I thought that we also need a new model motherboard for the nvme2 if you want to maximize the speed. But this kind of SSD is sure worth the money....in combination with the new fast 16GB memory, new Geforce GTX , HD-screen, quadcore i7, and windows Ink i 've got the ultimate notebook now. The only bad thing is Windows Ink, what a disappointment that is.

I guess you also will like an Ergotron arm...google that..it's fantastic except the notebook holder which i customized.

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
I had win 10 briefly, but formatted the drive and went back to win 7. My other machines run Linux, and when the day comes that Win 7 isn't working for me, I'll install Linux.

Regards,

Gary

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »
I had win 10 briefly, but formatted the drive and went back to win 7. My other machines run Linux, and when the day comes that Win 7 isn't working for me, I'll install Linux.
I was much like you, Windows 10 in-place upgrade (back when they were offering it for free) wouldn't take on my PC for some reason, so I stuck with 7 up until this year. I couldn't get a few Windows Updates to take since ~February, spent far too much time troubleshooting across months of my free time, finally decided to do a full, fresh install of 10. Because I had attempted to upgrade back during the free offering, I was still entitled to a free upgrade to 10; MS reps will try to sell you a copy of 10 and tell you it might not work, but I upgraded and used my Win7 key to register without issue. Been on 10 for over a month now, everything works pretty much the same. I have a quad core i7 on a custom-built Asus board with 24gigs of memory, I built it back in 2008. I don't see any benefits to Windows 10, but at least it's done.

One thing that made the process easier was the ability to use Win7's Easy File Transfer/Backup to transfer system files and settings to 10. ETB is not provided with 10, but I read an article on one of the geek sites explaining how you can still use it. Worked great, a few system settings didn't transfer, but that's to be expected with a new OS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk