Author Topic: Soursop, Annona muricata up to 15 kg - Marolo - Annona sylvatica and more seeds  (Read 9171 times)

kh0110

• USA, Cerritos, CA 90703, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
I believe these picture the work of Photoshop check out the guys hands. It is bigger than his whole entire body. I could be wrong. If he has elephant hand syndrome. I want to apologize for the comment.

I don't think the photo was photoshopped BUT it's a photographic effect that many on this forum (and on eBay) have used. You just stand directly opposite to the camera and hold out the fruit toward AND close to the camera lens.

This is why we should always reason in terms of proportion. In such a case, you compare the fruit size to the hand. And NOT to what your eyes perceive.
Thera

RichardN

• Florida, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
If the soursop is that big. I guess the tree has to be at less 100 feet with 12 inch limb to support the fruit. If I'm selling or trading to someone I wouldn't use my very own pictures for the credibility to my client. Again I do know Carlos, and how his does business. I'm not saying he's a bad guy or a bad business man. It's just very hard to except and give credit without his own proof. You guys have to understand where I'm coming from on this matter.

This world is filled with scammers and if you don't agreed with me on this you should go on craigslist and browse through. If this is truly legit. We should put this on Ripleys believe it or not. Or Guinness world record for the biggest soursop. They have the sweetest mango on there.
RichardN

buddyguygreen

• Keeper of Earth
  • Zone Creator
    • Citrus Ridge, FL,
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge of the Masters
If these pics are real or not I know There are giant soursops out there and they are massive compared to the average size ones. Coming from carlos, I would definitely trust these are legit if they get that big or not they are still above average giant soursop seeds.

RichardN

• Florida, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
If these pics are real or not I know There are giant soursops out there and they are massive compared to the average size ones. Coming from carlos, I would definitely trust these are legit if they get that big or not they are still above average giant soursop seeds.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I also know there's varieties of larger then normal soursop. It's easy for you to trust someone because you know them. But for me and others that don't know Carlos. It's very hard to trust and doing business with knowing that the pictures aren't his and it's from the internet. I am sorry if I come off like a jerk. But in today's world it is very hard to trust people that you don't know. If I saw this on Craigslist and those pictures I would say it is a scam.
RichardN

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
I believe these picture the work of Photoshop check out the guys hands. It is bigger than his whole entire body. I could be wrong. If he has elephant hand syndrome. I want to apologize for the comment.

I don't think the photo was photoshopped BUT it's a photographic effect that many on this forum (and on eBay) have used. You just stand directly opposite to the camera and hold out the fruit toward AND close to the camera lens.

This is why we should always reason in terms of proportion. In such a case, you compare the fruit size to the hand. And NOT to what your eyes perceive.

That photographic effect is enhanced even more by using a wide angle lens, which it seems is what was used in that photo. If you go to extreme of using fish eye lens, 25mm or less, then the proportions are distorted even more.
It's not uncommon to see soursops over 10 pounds here. Have never seen one 15 kilos, but i wouldn't be surprised. There have been past threads from Colombia also about giant soursops. Richard N, the tree doesn't need to be 100 ft. tall to make a fruit that size. Remember that fruits are supported close to trunk. Jackfruits can also make very heavy fruits on comparitively small trees in this way.
Oscar

dreamfrutas

• Let´s Trade!
    • View Profile
I stand 100% in my offer, and I back this offer in 20 years of fruit collecting experience. I will not use any photos if I were not sure they were from the same variety I am offered. My seeds are 100% legitimate giant morata soursop.

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
I stand 100% in my offer, and I back this offer in 20 years of fruit collecting experience. I will not use any photos if I were not sure they were from the same variety I am offered. My seeds are 100% legitimate giant morata soursop.

Carlos,

I have some giant soursop seedlings that came from you about a year ago...I have a friend who gets seeds from you all the time, so they were indirectly from you.

my friend (who has been collecting rare plants from Brazil for years) says you are very trustworthy.

www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

Soren

• Zone 12, Uganda
    • View Profile

Need-less to say Carlos! But of course, it is a photographic effect - like when Mike shows off his tiny hand holding average sized Pulasans   8)
Søren
Kampala, Uganda

schizoidman

• Taiwan Pingtung, 12b
    • View Profile
Hi Carlos,
PM sent twice. Haven't heard from you!
Eric

Dada

• Ecuador
    • View Profile
Great Annona. I want 20 seeds if u have not already sent!

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Still available for sale or trade GIANT SOURSOP (large quantities available):

Were these trees watered with imported Fukushima nuclear reactor water?

ALSO AVAILABLE FOR SALE an EXTREMELLY SWEET variety of Myrciaria trunciflora: