Author Topic: Wanted: Dwarf mango scionwood/budwood  (Read 4819 times)

AP

• View Profile
Wanted: Dwarf mango scionwood/budwood
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
Hello tropical fruit enthusiasts!

I'm new to the forum, but I have been growing mangos for about two years now.  It's hard to find decent mangos in my region (lynchburg va), so I figured I would try to grow my own.  I started about 10 seedlings last year to use as rootstock, and I am interested in finding out if anyone here could lend some scion wood.  Specifically, I am interested in dwarf varieties, such as Picketing (: because these will all be grown in containers so that I could bring them inside over the winter.  I'll pay for overnight shipping.  Please let me know if you can help out!

Thanks,
Aaron

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • USA, Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida, Zone 10B
    • View Profile
    • Pines Ticket Defense, LLC
Re: Wanted: Dwarf mango scionwood/budwood
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
I've promised lots of people lots of things.  I can send you some stuff when I get a chance.  I hope to have the chance soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.  Do check back with me every other week or so and I will be able to eventually get everything out to those that I have promised stuff to.

Intending to do much, but accomplishing not nearly as much as I would like........Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:20:14 AM »
Hi Harry, am I one that list?

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
You are.  Now that mango season is winding down,  budwoood on mangoes starts to become available again.  Now, I just need to be able to get out during daylight hours on days other than when I am showing people around, and collect the budwood, scrub it, pack it and ship it.  Sigh.........wish I had more time to get it done.  Running to court, or sitting in the office for all hours is just not cutting it. Stay tuned. I have the best of intentions anyway. Of course, the door is always open for anyone local to collect their own budwood. When I am here that is....otherwise my killer hounds will eat you alive.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »
Aaron,

I've got your back...I admire your enthusiasm, and pushing the zone limits.

I have pickering, cogshall, and Ice cream

I collect dwarf mangoes in FL.

Best of luck to u and your mango grafts!

Adam

Hello tropical fruit enthusiasts!

I'm new to the forum, but I have been growing mangos for about two years now.  It's hard to find decent mangos in my region (lynchburg va), so I figured I would try to grow my own.  I started about 10 seedlings last year to use as rootstock, and I am interested in finding out if anyone here could lend some scion wood.  Specifically, I am interested in dwarf varieties, such as Picketing (: because these will all be grown in containers so that I could bring them inside over the winter.  I'll pay for overnight shipping.  Please let me know if you can help out!

Thanks,
Aaron
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »
hi all,
someone can do something for me? :-[

thank you,friends.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:42:06 AM by anaxel »

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
You are.  Now that mango season is winding down,  budwoood on mangoes starts to become available again.  Now, I just need to be able to get out during daylight hours on days other than when I am showing people around, and collect the budwood, scrub it, pack it and ship it.  Sigh.........wish I had more time to get it done.  Running to court, or sitting in the office for all hours is just not cutting it. Stay tuned. I have the best of intentions anyway. Of course, the door is always open for anyone local to collect their own budwood. When I am here that is....otherwise my killer hounds will eat you alive.

Harry

Thanks Harry, I know it gets very hard to accommodate requests from everyone, specially for you given ypur profession and then your collection of fruit trees. I will send you Cherimoya fruits from my Garden when ready in Winter, they are top quality!

AP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:05 PM »
Harry, I appreciate your generosity.  You have an impressive selection of mangos btw

Adam - PM sent!

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:11 AM »
Hi Harry, can you put me down for your famous original Maha too? Did you ever get the PM's I sent you? Thanks!
Max

HMHausman

• Mod Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Sorry guys, I used to just have trouble saying no to anyone asking for plant material, now I have trouble keeping up with the posts and PMs in addition.  I am trying to get material out.....haven't been very successful. Mondays are my usual mail out days but the summer has been filled with early Monday  appointments and it has been tough to get what I wanted to get done, done. Still trying. I am trying to keep a list of who wants what.  Lets see what I can do. I apologize, in advance if my best intentions fall short of actual accomplishment.

Harry
Harry
Fort Lauderdale, FL 
USA

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
Harry, understood.

anaxel

• france zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 05:21:41 AM »
hi harry, :)
ok harry ,I understand and
I thank you, for everything for made for the people of forum  .
you and others forum menbers, which is invested for helping others  menbers to looking for solution,here is my simpathy. :D

fruit4me

• USA, CA/LOS ANGELES,SAN GABRIEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
Sorry guys, I used to just have trouble saying no to anyone asking for plant material,

Harry
Harry,
I finally understand now.
Thanks anyways!

AP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
ASaffron, can you PM me your email address?  Thanks!