Author Topic: This South Florida is Seattle South.... Today is crap drizzle rain and more..  (Read 1754 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Saying this today before the new 2020 decade coming, this is an obscured by clouds morning. We have a very unusual winter with all this intermittent rain, quick showers and drizzle. The SE Florida model is torrential rains  during summer months. Our current 30 days weather and rain defies the norm.

The main reason I keep weather track and keep noticing each day is for the mango panicales health and fruiting for 2020. And my grass lawn too. I need to have green all around me even though I am a ... Trump voter. Is Broward County very green as far as trees and shrubbery all around? Yes we are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:09:50 AM by zands »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
Yes, very odd weather this month.
John

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Atrocious weather and another failed south Florida winter temperature-wise thus far as well.

For some perspective, the historical average low for December in West Palm Beach is almost exactly 60F. Since 2011 , we have been at or below that low average ZERO Decembers. That’s NINE Years. Unbelievable. It would appear our climate has permanently changed.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
..... that, or we are up for some seriously cold winters in the new decade.

dwfl

• Bokeelia
    • View Profile
Nice cold wave coming ~ Jan 5 thru 8. South FL will see 40s

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
I guess its time to start selecting more tropically adapted mangoes and plant other tropicals.
The only silver lining is that my star apple is loving the current weather

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
..... that, or we are up for some seriously cold winters in the new decade.
? ? ?
John

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
Nice cold wave coming ~ Jan 5 thru 8. South FL will see 40s

I hope that doesn’t kill off all the bloom. First time in two weeks the sun has finally come out.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

noochka1

• Miramar, FL 10b
    • View Profile
I'm seeing 50s and 60s as low temps for first part of January - and only scattered.  No prolonged periods.  I'm certainly not opposed to some additional cold temps, but I would very much like to keep the mango blooms I've got going now - few as they may be.

Squam256

• View Profile

10 day for west Palm shows 2 nights in the 50s, and a bunch of lows above our historical average of 58. As in, the kind of lows that won’t make currently dormant mangos flower

Squam256

• View Profile
I guess its time to start selecting more tropically adapted mangoes and plant other tropicals.

Agree. This is the direction we’re going. We’ve planted a lot of sapodilla, mamey and pineapples in recent years and are happy we did so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 05:27:43 PM by Squam256 »

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile

Agree. This is the direction we’re going. We’ve planted a lot of sapodilla, mamey and pineapples in recent years and are happy we did so.

I have planted a lot of sapodillas too but they are not producing as much as I would like them too. A Hasya is getting ready for the axe. I would like to add a Butterscotch sapodilla to my yard. Anyone knows where I can find one?

Sleepdoc

• Davie, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Past few years definitely have been without those triggering cold fronts.  My breadfruit and Jaks are happy.  Mango's and lychee, well ...