Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Dr. Brown, M.D. The Father of Cold Hardy Citrus.

(1/3) > >>

Millet:
I have found the long lost part-2 article titled "The Cold Hardy Citrus of Texas".  If you would like a copy contact me using the private message on this site.  Give me your E-mail address and I will send you a copy..  Many of Dr. Brown's  cold hardy citrus varieties are discussed, such as his Poncirus Hybrids, Chinotto Hybrids, Yuzu Hybrids and his many Changsha Hybrids. Also is how he conducted many of his experiments.  Dr. John R. Brown, M.D. was a retired family practitioner in Franklin, Texas.  He has been an enthusiast of cold hardy citrus since youth, and has hybridized many citrus fruits for over four decades at his home in Houston and at farms in east Texas.  Dr. Brown's name has became world famous as a cold hardy citrus researcher.   We hope to make this site a home for those interest in furthering Cold Hardy Citrus - Millet

Tom:
Millet, That must be the same as the Brown in Browns Select Satsuma. Thanks. Tom

Millet:
Tom, one would certainly think so with that name, but Brown's Select Satsuma was developed by the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, - Millet

Scott_6B:
Interesting history, thanks for starting a Cold Hardy thread.

Millet:
To all members that requested a copy of Dr. Brown's Hardy Citrus article, I will try to E-mail all of them tomorrow, Saturday 5-24-14.  I wanted to wait a week so that I could send all of them at the same time. - Millet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version