Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey  (Read 883 times)

mrtexas

• USA, Sugarland,TX 9B
    • View Profile
    • MrTexasCitrus
Hurricane Harvey
« on: September 09, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
Hope no one gets hit this bad in Florida. Used to live at 4 foot elevation on Merritt Island nearly 50 years ago.

Well fellas, hello from flooded last week Sugar Land,Texas. Being at 75 feet elevation didn't help with river flooding. The river in the pictures is the Brazos. The neighborhood Riverstone was one of the top selling new home neighborhoods in the country last year. My neighborhood is Sienna Plantation, I am on the dry side and not flooded. However a tornado hit and took the roof off 50 houses a few miles away. For some youtube videos google "Sienna Plantation flooding" or tornado. BTW the storm was only a tropical depression when it hit but overstayed it's welcome by 4 days dumping 3-5 FEET of water on us. I left the 36 and 49 Ford woodies up on my bendpak lifts, the 63 verte got left on the ground. Not  a drop of water even in the street in front of my house. I evacuated to 125 miles away but had to drive 400 miles to get there. Left Monday and returned Saturday with the Interstate 10 still closed. They expected the levees to be topped but happily they were not with the Brazos river cresting at 55 feet instead of 59 feet. You Florida guys have my sympathy. Think many of the beach houses on a slab which are the overwhelming majority will get flooded and washed away on both coasts.  Happy for us we have a cold front keeping Irma away from Houston but unhappily for you in Florida.

I am on the dry side of Steep Bank Creek:

Triangle is the flooded area:

This is what hundreds of front yards look like:

Here is what the almosts look like for many $million+ homes on the lake, BTW not my street, the lake on the above picture:

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:38:21 PM by mrtexas »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk