Author Topic: Selling big Flowering and Not Flowering Jabuticaba "Sabará" in San Diego  (Read 4927 times)

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
Hi all!
I have an almost 8 year old Jabuticaba Sabará for sale. The plant is growing in a 30 gallon fabric pot. It is very bushy and approximately 5ft tall. I have another one just one year older and it has just started to flower, so I believe that this one could start to produce next year or so.
Price is $250. It will take 2 people to carry and load it. Since the plant is growing in a fabric pot I don't think that it can be placed on its side, it can only be transported upright.

Sabará
Flowering at the moment.

Sabará. Not fruiting tree SOLD

I also have many pitanga seedlings, only $5 for each. If you want them to be shipped, minimum $50 for 10 seedlings and I pay the shipping.

Seedlings in a 3X3 pots

Fruits

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 12:05:05 AM by Th3_BrazilianShark »

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Selling big Jabuticaba "Sabará" in North County San Diego
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »
That’s a great price,

I saw one at a nursery a while back about the same size but it was fruiting and they wanted $500.

Simon

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »
That’s a great price,

I saw one at a nursery a while back about the same size but it was fruiting and they wanted $500.

Simon

I went to a nursery in Vista and they were selling a small one for $400  :o What nursery is that? I don't want to say the name because I believe that he's a member.
I have her sister that just started to flower, I don't need 2 of the same variety.
Thank you Simon!

waxy

• San Jose, CA Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:56:05 PM »
400-500 is better than waiting for X unknown years to even see flowers.
I'd fork out $2000 for one that bears fruit, that money can easily be made not, a thriving Jabo.

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 10:04:04 PM »
I imagine you're only selling this to be picked up? If not I would purchase it if you can ship to Puerto Rico.

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:25:43 PM »
400-500 is better than waiting for X unknown years to even see flowers.
I'd fork out $2000 for one that bears fruit, that money can easily be made not, a thriving Jabo.

I completely agree with you about paying $400-500 to a fruiting tree, but the one I saw for that price wasn't. I haven't seen any nursery in California selling fruit Jabos for $400, that is what I asked Simon where he found that one fruiting for $500.
Monday I went to see a guy selling some for $350, had the pics of a fruiting one.  When I went there, the fruiting one was $1200 and the one in 15 gallon $350. If anyone is interested to pay $1200 or negotiate with the guy, hit me up and I will send you his information.
Thanks

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 11:28:19 PM »
I imagine you're only selling this to be picked up? If not I would purchase it if you can ship to Puerto Rico.

Yeah only pick up brother. Plant is too heavy and I don't even know how it would be remove out of pot without damaging so many of the roots. Have you tried Adam from flyingfoxfruits?

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 09:30:25 AM »
I got a flowering and I think he said fruiting Sabara for 450 in southern california this past spring.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

AggrOnline

• Southern California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
Sent you PM thanks

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
You should really link up some nurseries in PR. Way more options and better pricing than having plants shipped from far.
keep trying Montoso Gardens , get involved with Sadhu and his rebuild project. All the diversity and selection is there in PR.

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:11:31 AM by Th3_BrazilianShark »

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
What city or neighborhood are you in?  Im tempted to come look but Im afraid it would get roasted at my house. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:22:54 PM by spaugh »
Brad Spaugh

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
What city or neighborhood are you in?  Im tempted to come look but Im afraid it would get roasted at my house.

I am in north county, Oceanside. Where are you?

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
Off the 67 near poway and ramona.  Its hot here
Brad Spaugh

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
Off the 67 near poway and ramona.  Its hot here

Hi Brad. I’m off the 76 near Camp Pendleton.
Thank You
Luiz

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

Yeah only pick up brother. Plant is too heavy and I don't even know how it would be remove out of pot without damaging so many of the roots. Have you tried Adam from flyingfoxfruits?
I emailed him a few weeks ago haven't gotten a reply yet, but I have seen a few people say he takes a bit to get back to emails  ;D

Ertdude

• US, Puerto Rico
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 09:13:24 PM »
You should really link up some nurseries in PR. Way more options and better pricing than having plants shipped from far.
keep trying Montoso Gardens , get involved with Sadhu and his rebuild project. All the diversity and selection is there in PR.

I have talked to Sadhu and even bought his Oro Verde book(amazing book), but I am still waiting for him to start selling seeds/plants again. I haven't talked to him since I have arrived in PR so I was planning on messaging him this coming week. I have been talking to Montoso Gardens as well I will see what they currently have.
I visited a couple nurseries and found one with jaboticaba, cinnamon, and some grafted citrus, but there isn't much diversity when it comes to varieties as I was looking for yet, a few places still haven't recovered from the hurricane. I will keep looking in PR though, since I haven't been here long enough to get close to looking at all the options.

AggrOnline

• Southern California
    • View Profile
I wish I had the space for it I would take it, I visited Luiz and saw this tree I have to tell it is a beautiful and precious one! who ever gets it will be very lucky!

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
Took a little while to scrape together some extra funds so I was surprised and thrilled that this sabara was still available when I arranged an appointment to pick it up. Waited another week in anticipation(would've gone much sooner but he's only off Mondays and Tuesdays after all) even had the perfect spot picked out in the yard. But this guy decides to leave up an add on craigslist and fail to communicate with the wife who sold it the day before our appointment. A perfectly avoidable scenario that should never happen. I think we can do better that this...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 01:51:18 AM by Paulish »

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 12:52:56 AM by Paulish »

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
There's 3 sides to every story.
You asked me a bunch of questions on items you said you were ordering and flaked out, twice.

Same way, in your words,  this sounds like you did not go to the original appointment you made " I arranged an appointment to pick it up. Waited another week in anticipation"

Paulish

• US, CA, San Diego, 10b
    • View Profile
There's 3 sides to every story.
You asked me a bunch of questions on items you said you were ordering and flaked out, twice.

Same way, in your words,  this sounds like you did not go to the original appointment you made " I arranged an appointment to pick it up. Waited another week in anticipation"

An even remotely comparable situation would've been if we'd put together an order and I didn't follow through. What actually happened was I made a few brief and simple inquiries about some scion wood you posted 2 YEARS AGO but you were unable to provide sufficient information to retain my interest. I did express that I was definitely going to be ordering scion wood and I did, just not from you. There was no order, agreement, arrangement, or appointment whatsoever between us so don't try to pretend as if I flaked out on anything. Your idea of "a bunch of questions" were: In your experience what are the top white sapote cultivars in terms of flavor and production? And I noticed you had a selection called inca red. Could you provide some more info on this cultivar? You knew nothing about red inca and hadn't even tried most of the White sapote you offered. As far as your lack of reading comprehension skills, you can't fix stupid so there's no help for you there.

Zpusher

• DFW z8
    • View Profile
Paulish no one is being disrespectful to you so why are you being rude?  All b2b was pointing out was there's more than one story.
Anyway your posts really show alot about your character....