Author Topic: Forwarding/Sending plants from online stores or nurseries (Europe)  (Read 1476 times)

stephanos_petrou

• Cyprus
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
Does anybody know of any way i can have plants forwarded/sent from their country? I wish to purchase some plants i have found from online stores but they will not send to Cyprus, even though we are in the E.U. Most of the time they don't even bother to answer my requests for info on why they don't send to Cyprus or when they do they say it either takes too long or is to expensive. I especially want to order from Italian and Dutch web stores. If anybody can help me or offer me a better solution i will be grateful.
Best regards,
Stefanos

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding/Sending plants from online stores or nurseries (Europe)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 06:43:38 AM »
See this webstore
https://www.canarius.com/en/
They send to Cyprus for sure
Mike

stephanos_petrou

• Cyprus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 12:15:36 PM »
Thanx, will have a look.

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
Which plants do you wish to order?
The cost by airplane to Cyprus is high and most plants might die by the time they arrive.
If you order from Italy expect for your package to be broken and plants to be dead. Italy has the worst shipping service in the world. Their handling of packages is the worst. Also they charge a lot. I had orders from Italy and all came damaged.
I suggest you take a plane and put the plants in baggage,  this is what I do sometimes.

stephanos_petrou

• Cyprus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone. I am most interested in the finger limes but also many others. I have found many Italian stores with great variety but unfortunately i have not found one to deliver to Cyprus yet. Lebmung i have thought about  so and i am planning to in the future. Being  impatient i want one as soon as possible :).

Hil

• Spain, 10a
    • View Profile
    • New Vidas
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 05:41:48 PM »
Frutales Tropicales from Spain, which ships abroad, currently has only one variety of fingerlime for sale.
According to their website they are working together with a farm from Australia (http://www.caviarvegetal.es/en/) to make more varieties available in the future. They look amazing, but apparently there hasn't been an update on it since december 2015.

lebmung

• Romania, Bucharest,7b (inside city 8a)
    • View Profile
    • Plante tropicale
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 07:27:48 AM »
Thanks for the help everyone. I am most interested in the finger limes but also many others. I have found many Italian stores with great variety but unfortunately i have not found one to deliver to Cyprus yet. Lebmung i have thought about  so and i am planning to in the future. Being  impatient i want one as soon as possible :).

A grafted finger lime like 30 cm high in a 12 cm pot costs around 45€ plus shipping by EMS 35-40€.
I think it's quite expensive, just my opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk