Author Topic: Giant yellow megalanthus seeds for sale  (Read 21259 times)

Don

• Brisbane Australia zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Giant yellow megalanthus seeds for sale
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2015, 04:46:20 AM »
Agh I found one!! I thought they all died but I was scratching through the pot and thought there was a grub eating the seeds but it was one dragon fruit seedling. Either that or now I have a very pampered grub.. Haha! They are an odd looking sprout.

michsu

• Hacienda Heights, CA (Southern California, Los Angeles)
    • View Profile
    • Pictures of my trees.. nothing fancy
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone have any sprouters available? (even you, Dragonfruit101).. unfortunately, other things are trying to come out.. I'll take a picture tonight and let you guys analyze.. they sure don't look like the ones you have.. thanks.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:11:12 AM by michsu »

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 04:29:27 PM »
I'm looking for a couple sprouts as well.

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »
What are the odds of these coming true from seed? Anyone know?

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2016, 09:23:20 PM »
Finally here.  Fresh seeds less than a week old direct from Peru.
Pictures are my own not found somewhere online.  These are actual fruits your seeds have come from.

Please spread the word even if you're not interested as these are extremely rare and may not be available again. 

My PayPal is:
cbatista102@yahoo.com

please make sure to include address with payment for U.S. customers.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS

Please pm or send me your address before making payment to calculate proper postage to your country.

I recommend 2 packs of seeds or more for international customers as these seeds are extremely rare and may not be available again.

$1.00 each
$10.00 per pack of 12 seeds

50 cents for postage in U.S.

Contact me at 407-738-2102

Going fast.  Once gone their gone.

These were not easy to get.
True to seed. Thornless, over a pound and a half fruit, sweet as agave nectar, faster growing than Colombian yellow.

According to DF101, the fruit come true to seed.

~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 12:26:15 PM »
Half the seeds I received were pulverized by the postal service but the ones that were intact sprouted in one week with bottom heat at ~95F. The first year of growth is agonizingly slow so I have plans to graft these seedlings onto vigorous established Undatus rootstock.

Simon

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2016, 11:19:46 PM »

True to seed.

I thought I saw that there before, but I overlooked it when I went back to reference the original post ;D.

Half the seeds I received were pulverized by the postal service but the ones that were intact sprouted in one week with bottom heat at ~95F. The first year of growth is agonizingly slow so I have plans to graft these seedlings onto vigorous established Undatus rootstock.

Simon

Yea mine came mostly smashed up too, the funny thing is the pile of smashed up/moldy seeds that I potted were the first to sprout. Good thing I didn't throw them out like I almost did.

wangcheng67

• Nan ning Guangxi China
    • View Profile
November 11, 2015 payment has never received the seed please check reason thank

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2016, 08:54:56 PM »
Nice, great work.  You are 1 of 2 people in Hawaii growing them.

1 of 2?  who's the other?   ;)

out of curiosity, do you have more seeds?

Lignatowicz

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2016, 07:41:58 AM »
It took me over a month but i have 7 healthy little ones in pots eating up the T5 lighting.    It took quite awhile for these to sprout and actually grow, but they are doing awesome now.   If anyone is interested in one I'll trade of a large Purple Haze Dragon Fruit Plant.

PM Me to Trade

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »
xx
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:19:39 PM by Jsvand5 »

cmichael258

• St. Pete, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
It took me over a month but i have 7 healthy little ones in pots eating up the T5 lighting.    It took quite awhile for these to sprout and actually grow, but they are doing awesome now.   If anyone is interested in one I'll trade of a large Purple Haze Dragon Fruit Plant.

PM Me to Trade

Mine also took a while to sprout. Keeping them in filtered light in the florida room.

Michael

michsu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »
oh thanks for the pictures so I can verify.. yeah, I have one of those coming out I think... finally! and a whole bunch of other stuff too..

Hobo62288

• USA, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2016, 07:52:23 PM »
Well, just wanna say thanks for the Seeds.  I germinated 3 out of 4 after 2-3 days.  Germinated so fast using paper towel method and a little heat. Gonna probably try the rest in potting mix instead just to see how it goes.  Thanks again.

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2016, 07:51:09 PM »
Anyone have an extra giant yellow seedling to sell or trade? I have a green when ripe dragon fruit that I could trade a cutting of if interested. It is by far the sweetest dragon fruit that I have eaten.

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:35 PM »
Well, just wanna say thanks for the Seeds.  I germinated 3 out of 4 after 2-3 days.  Germinated so fast using paper towel method and a little heat. Gonna probably try the rest in potting mix instead just to see how it goes.  Thanks again.

Wow that's really fast. I noticed some of them did sprout really fast and some of them take a really long time. I would suggest to anyone that planted the giant yellow megalanthus seeds to wait several months before giving up on these seeds. I'm still getting more sprouting, and I expect a lot more will sprout.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2016, 04:32:03 PM »
Anyone have an extra giant yellow seedling to sell or trade? I have a green when ripe dragon fruit that I could trade a cutting of if interested. It is by far the sweetest dragon fruit that I have eaten.

Sounds interesting.  Does it have any balance, or just sweet like sapodilla or ivory mango? 
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:08 PM »

Sounds interesting.  Does it have any balance, or just sweet like sapodilla or ivory mango?

Well it's still a dragon fruit. Not close to even resembling the level of sweetness of any mango or sapodilla. Just has a nice flavor that is different from the almost tasteless other varieties that I have tried.

Hobo62288

• USA, Zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »

Wow that's really fast. I noticed some of them did sprout really fast and some of them take a really long time. I would suggest to anyone that planted the giant yellow megalanthus seeds to wait several months before giving up on these seeds. I'm still getting more sprouting, and I expect a lot more will sprout.

Well that could explain why one didn't yet.  Certainly wasn't expecting them to germinate as fast as they did but no complaints here.  Either way, I've been wanting some giant yellow megalanthus plants for awhile and now I just gotta wait a few years.

michsu

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
does this look like one of them? only one sprouted and looked like this.. thanks

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 11:39:30 PM »
That's something else. dragonfruit seeds are black. megalanthus seeds are larger than undatus but they're the same shape.

Dragonfruit101

• U.S., Florida, Kissimmee, zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2016, 02:43:57 PM »
Actually.  It is not something else.  The dragon fruit seed itself is not black.  It has a black membrane around the actual seed which loosens up as the seed dries out exposing the actual seed.  Don't worry that is an actual giant yellow megalanthus sprout in your picture.

wangcheng67

• Nan ning Guangxi China
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2016, 09:45:22 PM »
November 11, 2015 payment has never received the seed, please check the reason thank you

michsu

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
here's another update.. looks to be the only one though.  Can someone help verify? Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:50:46 AM by michsu »

UniqueFruitCollector

• Going to Australia and PNG soon!
    • Germay - Lower Saxony - Zone 7b / Cfb
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »

This is definately NOT a dragon fruit seedling! As dragon fruits grow on cacti, the plants don't have leaves. Here are my dragon fruit seedlings to confirm:

Seeds of dragon fruits can take weeks to sprout, so they might come up for you :)
- Max