Author Topic: At Aldi's --- Anvil lopper $10 and $7 one-gallon sprayer and more....  (Read 2903 times)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Aldi's has lopper deals every spring. Also other garden items you might be interested at Aldi's this week.

Here is their on-line circular.....  http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/BrowseByPage    You will have to enter your zip code.
Last day of sale is next Tuesday but if they have loppers etc leftover then you will see them next week too

lopper info   http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/ListingDetail?ispartial=N&ReturnCircularPageFlag=Y&StoreID=2685824&ListingID=-2029689668

multi-purpose sprayer--  http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/ListingDetail?ispartial=N&ReturnCircularPageFlag=Y&StoreID=2685824&ListingID=-2029689678

cordless string trimmer and cordless leaf blower http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/ListingDetail?ispartial=N&ReturnCircularPageFlag=Y&StoreID=2685824&ListingID=-2029689551
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:21:04 PM by zands »

gnappi

• South East Florida (U.S.A) Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: At Aldi's --- Anvil lopper $10 and $7 one-gallon sprayer and more....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
Wal Mart in Coral springs has a similar or identical sprayer for $5

Regards,

Gary

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:53:55 AM »
I bought the lopper last year.  It's a very heavy-duty tool.  The only bad thing I can say about it is because of the blunt side it doesn't make a clean cut and usually leaves the bark a little ragged.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:52:03 AM by johnb51 »
John

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »
Garbage in, garbage out....
- Rob

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »

I've bought $35 sprayers that didn't last a few months, for $5 I could care less. I'll take that ROI ANY DAY!
Regards,

Gary

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 04:01:32 PM »

I've bought $35 sprayers that didn't last a few months, for $5 I could care less. I'll take that ROI ANY DAY!

Invest in good products and you shouldnt have problems.  Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out these pruners/loppers are nothing but problems.  I believe I said the same thing in the past when this ad was posted.

Being cheap is not the way yo go.  You dont have to spend the most either.  Do your homework, find the best product and go with it and you wont have the problems.
- Rob

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
Nothing wrong with having a mix of high quality and lower quality/maybe more disposable type products. Not a bad idea to have a 5-7 dollar sprayer. To use or for backup. Maybe you just want to quickie spray only 3/4 gallon foliars, then this cheapo one gallon sprayer will come in handy.Ruin it  with chems you left in it and learn a lesson.  I make no apologies for Aldi loppers. They are well put together. Last year/spring they had a $10 bypass lopper.

I don't need a lopper but as I posted yesterday I realized the Aldi $39 string trimmer was actually a rechargeable lithium battery model. So I went Aldi's and bought one. Two years ago I bought their $39 chainsaw. No complaints on that. I don't have an orchard full of trees so I do not need to obsess over the über best garden tool to make managing 100 trees lots easier-quicker.......
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:43:29 PM by zands »

zands

• mango_zango
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:56 PM »
I bought the lopper last year.  It's a very heavy-duty tool.  The only bad thing I can say about it is because of the blunt side it doesn't make a clean cut and usually leaves the bark a little ragged.
Next year they might have the lighter duty-lighter weight bypass lopper on sale. Definitely a clean cut with that. But the anvil lopper cuts thicker branches. Anvil and bypass both have their uses.

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »

Invest in good products and you shouldnt have problems.  Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out these pruners/loppers are nothing but problems.  I believe I said the same thing in the past when this ad was posted.

Being cheap is not the way yo go.  You dont have to spend the most either.  Do your homework, find the best product and go with it and you wont have the problems.

Since neither of us are rocket scientists, let me elucidate some facts.

1. Some products are disposable.
2. Not everyone works in an industry where a product is put to hard / regular service.
3. "Better" stuff does not always store well for infrequent users
4. Not everyone has the disposable income to buy / throw away, buy again to test for the "better" stuff"
5. Better stuff is not ALWAYS better.

For someone with so much to give you spend a disproportionate amount of time in your critical mode, and it's too bad.

Oh, and cheap IS the way to go many MANY times. I've bought $1 paint brushes to throw away after use to clean brake parts, cheap gas in my car for a long trip where I don't care, light bulbs, dish washing detergent because I don't give a rat's behind what you or anyone else like you think. AND there are MANY, many like me, is that OK with you?

Regards,

Gary

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 10:48:46 PM »
Oh... PS. I bought a pair of bypass lopping shears at Tuesday Morning like 3 years ago for $10, they outlasted "better" shears.

Regards,

Gary

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 11:38:48 PM »
 8) (Rob)    >:((Gary)    ;) :-X(John)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:19:15 PM by johnb51 »
John

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »
Cool and tolerable are different things. Cool he is not, I'd say tolerable because of his knowledge. Too often he adds heat instead of light to a conversation, THAT is not cool.
Regards,

Gary

bsbullie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »
No. I dont sugar coat bullshit.  Its also obvious when I post responses that uou dont even know what i am saying. My posts arent criticizing people but sometimes its criticizing what they posted.  Its a forum.  I am just responding in the same manner as everyone else, its that you dont like whats veing said.

Every year this same post is made about the e buck pruners and loppers.  Sure, go out and buy them.  I could care less. 

I really dont care if you like me or think I am cool.  Its obvious some people have no idea what I am even saying.

- Rob

gnappi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 10:32:44 AM »
Its also obvious when I post responses that uou dont even know what i am saying.

Umm... YES, I do! 

I think there's only one way to read...

"Garbage in, garbage out...."

"Invest in good products and you shouldnt have problems.  Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out these pruners/loppers are nothing but problems. Being cheap is not the way yo go.  You dont have to spend the most either.  Do your homework, find the best product and go with it and you wont have the problems. "

So you're saying that anyone who buys an inexpensive pruner is an idiot.

If you bothered to read my "rocket scientist" post you would see that you have no clue how your "advice" or "opinion" is unnecessarily acidic to people whose needs are not like yours.

From designer fruit, to garden implements you ALWAYS have a way of inserting your unwanted negative opinion to people who are looking for help.

Everyone here (including me) respects and appreciates your knowledge, but your "bullie" attitude is unnecessarily rude, and crude. Get the chip off your shoulder.

Regards,

Gary