Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

lemon foliage drop

(1/4) > >>

jtnguyen333:
Hi all..

My eureka lemon tree leaves is yellowing and dropping too much at this time of the year. I also see quite a few flowerss on it.  Is this tree stressed because of too many flowers or lack of feeding?  The last time I fed it was on February 1st with an organic fert of 6-6-5.  I have some pics attached.

brian:
Looks like old leaves to me, but I'm not good at analyzing leaf patterns.  When I see this on my trees I am not concerned because new growth flushes come right after. 

Millet:
Citrus are heavy feeders, requiring more nutrition than most trees.  Not only are the tree's new leaves pure yellow, many of the older more mature leaves throughout the tree are also showing to be deficient., Grow your tree as you wish, but my suggestion is to feed the tree with conventional fertilizes.  Looking at your pictures, it is easy to determine that the tree is suffering from a drastic deficiency of nitrogen, and probably a few  other elements. You don't say how old the tree is.  A 1 year old citrus tree should be fertilized 6 times /year; a 2 year old tree 5 times /year; a 3 year old tree 4 times and a 5 year old tree and older 3 times a year.  I would suggest that you purchase a conventional fertilizer with a formula such as 8-8-8 and fertilize the tree, covering the entire area of the tree's root zone once ever two months during the growing season.   Your tree is so badly undernourished you might even give it a urea foliar spray.  Good luck to you and thls tree,

jtnguyen333:
Millet,

I bought this tree last year in a 5 gal size.  Then transplanted in March, so it is almost 1 year old.

--- Quote from: Millet on February 19, 2020, 03:23:50 PM ---Citrus are heavy feeders, requiring more nutrition than most trees.  Not only are the tree's new leaves pure yellow, many of the older more mature leaves throughout the tree are also showing to be deficient., Grow your tree as you wish, but my suggestion is to feed the tree with conventional fertilizes.  Looking at your pictures, it is easy to determine that the tree is suffering from a drastic deficiency of nitrogen, and probably a few  other elements. You don't say how old the tree is.  A 1 year old citrus tree should be fertilized 6 times /year; a 2 year old tree 5 times /year; a 3 year old tree 4 times and a 5 year old tree and older 3 times a year.  I would suggest that you purchase a conventional fertilizer with a formula such as 8-8-8 and fertilize the tree, covering the entire area of the tree's root zone once ever two months during the growing season.   Your tree is so badly undernourished you might even give it a urea foliar spray.  Good luck to you and thls tree,

--- End quote ---

spaugh:
James, maybe try some sulfer and grow power.  Or cottonseed meal.  The tree needs to get some roots.  My trees planted last year still look terrible too.  Just need more time to get established.  The tree is probably going to shed leaves and bloom now and hopefully flush out some new leaves also. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version