Author Topic: First flowers on a mango, Woo Hoo!  (Read 6633 times)

sapote

• USA, CA, Burbank, 10a
    • View Profile
Re: First flowers on a mango, Woo Hoo!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
So these flowers will hold fruits through the winter and ripe summer, in FL? I'm not sure the same in SoCal for mangoes having flowers now in December. Could someone confirm this? All of my fruits were from flowers in March and April.

I thought it was an easy answer for you guys in FL with many years experience in mango. Anyone?

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »
So these flowers will hold fruits through the winter and ripe summer, in FL? I'm not sure the same in SoCal for mangoes having flowers now in December. Could someone confirm this? All of my fruits were from flowers in March and April.

I thought it was an easy answer for you guys in FL with many years experience in mango. Anyone?

I guess the answer is yes.
But if we do get a freeze or something like that the fruit will probably fall

mangokothiyan

• Coral Springs, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2018, 10:45:18 PM »

Not all trees mango flower at this time of the year; some trees have started flowering, but most trees are covered in bloom only by Mid-December-January. And yes, trees that are flowering now will hold fruits that will start ripening from about April/May, like Rosigold and Dwarf Hawaiian. Many varieties will bloom multiple times, and will hold mangoes of varying size through the summer.

hawkfish007

• Highland, CA, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 01:15:34 PM »
Fruits forming on my tiny Maha Chanok, it was planted in ground from a 3-gallon pot in September. Too bad that the fruits need to go to let the tree grow.

WGphil

• Winter Garden Florida 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »
I had an early bloom last year that froze but ended up having fruit when they were supposed too

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk