Author Topic: Is ANY Fruit Juice Healthy?  (Read 1075 times)

Tropheus76

• East Orlando 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Is ANY Fruit Juice Healthy?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:19 PM »
As long as it fits into your average 34-36g(for a male on a normal 2k cal a day diet) of sugar a day then no big deal. Drinking more without the fiber of the fruit itself will eventually make you fat. You have to hunt down the recommended amounts of sugar on the USDA website. It is amazing how hard the food industry lobbied to keep the actual percentages off of the labels for food. They didn't like the fact a can of coke would have 125% of your daily sugar value written in plain open. I never noticed there wasn't a percentage.

Check out cranberry juice, its stupidly high in sugar unless you get the Pure Cranberry, then its so bitter its almost undrinkable.

Your homework, go watch the documentary "Fed Up" on Netflix. The first couple minutes, especially if you workout like I do will make you angry and make you go "this is retarded" then they bring in the science behind it and the history of obesity and health in the US. I cut back to the USDA recommended amount and I have seen decent results in just 3 weeks after having hit a plateau. I don't even pay attention to anything else now on labels except sugar and saturated fats.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:26:25 PM by Millet »