Author Topic: Anyone in FL interested in getting a group order together from Frankies?  (Read 8975 times)

Jsvand5

• Ocala FL
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in FL interested in getting a group order together from Frankies?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »

As Sheehan said, if you want a grafted abiu, then Noel's trees are the way to go IMO.  The trees are proven producers in Florida and quality is excellent.  If you are looking to be able to say you have x, y and z varieties, then by all means search them out and plant them.  There is no right or wrong, I was just stating an opinion as some people seem obsessed with certain varieties based on what they have heard or read...approximately 4 years of waiting to find either joy or disappointment.

I would definitely love to get a grafted one from Noel if they were available. Noel's trees are seedlings of Z2 so hopefully the Z2 will be productive. Does anyone now if the z2 at whitman's place produced well? So far only seedlings are available from Noel's trees. I have seedlings from Noel's trees but they are just as unproven as any other abiu. Hopefully they turn out as good as the parent trees. Its not like the Z2 is not a great tasting variety. It's too bad there are not more types of grafted abiu available in the states. Even the ones that pine island sells with a variety name attatched are just seedlings so the z2's that Frankie's had are the most proven trees available.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 03:12:28 PM by Jsvand5 »

D.muscipula

• Miami, FL, USA Z10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 01:58:14 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I've only had Abiu once but it was enough to convince me I want a tree. I guess rather than continue to go off topic in this thread i'll start another thread on abiu varieties.

It sounds like there's nothing I should be concerned with ordering from Frankie's yet.

cheers

TREESNMORE

• USA Palm City FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:46 AM »
Frankies is sold out of Abiu and they did not have any Maprang.
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk