Author Topic: Permaculture workshop  (Read 1093 times)

RiversOFT

• St.augustine Florida United States
    • View Profile
Permaculture workshop
« on: February 14, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »
Thought some people might be interested since a lot of people here are in Florida, and they’re doing it about a mile from my house! Really considering doing this
https://facebook.com/events/s/food-forest-practical-permacul/2874806515945764/?ti=icl
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
Nothing is going to get better,
It's not

RiversOFT

• St.augustine Florida United States
    • View Profile
Re: Permaculture workshop
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 10:30:13 PM »
Would also love to hear from anyone who has done one of Geoff Lawton’s workshops
unless someone like you
Cares a whole awful lot
Nothing is going to get better,
It's not

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
Would also love to hear from anyone who has done one of Geoff Lawton’s workshops
I did Geoff's PDC online in 2016-17 it is a year long course very detailed with hundeds of hours of video content unavailable elsewhere. He does live video Q&A's and discussion forums, and has many assistants. The capstone is demonstrating what you have learned in a final design project. The current course is underway but a new one will begin for 2020 very soon. My classmates and I are continuing to personally interact even now 3 years later so it is of lasting value.

https://www.discoverpermaculture.com/pdc-2019

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 11:47:53 AM »
Hundreds of hours of video content?
Count me out.
I require hands on experience to learn.
Super awesome for people that enjoy that format or live far away or in a very cold place where 100’s of hours of watching video seems like a good thing to pay for. Very cool to get the information out there worldwide one way or the other.
Is the personal interaction of a distant nature or some other folks from FL attend?

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:20:00 PM »
Geoff has experience in every climate, temperate, desert, tropical and cold temperate so the course covers every landform and climate for a global perspective. With proper hands on experience it lays the foundation to work anywhere.
Specifically, Permaculture is a design science. The Permaculture Design Certificate course teaches the general rules of design, how to observe, measure influencing elements and decide on ways to meet goals and create designs that should work efficiently.
Yes, you can't get hands on without dirty hands on but even with 40 years growing experience it helped me bring things together. I've done a Bsci. degree and part of an Agsci. degree and never found education to be a waste, it lays a foundation for the better understanding of the hands on. There were several other folks in Florida and hundreds of other fellow tropical students worldwide I continue to work with. A two day workshop is great, a year long course is a real committment but understand Geoff has been doing the online course about 10 years now. The course material gets better every time as more and more material gets incorporated. He has talented people working every year to improve it.
When I say hundreds of hours yes some are plain lectures but some are extremely well produced presentations with animations and graphics similar to this very basic example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJfSYZqZ0Y&t

The foundational text (highly recommended) of ~ 600 pages can be found here:
https://epdf.pub/permaculture-a-designers-manual7e99ea8750a16ab6388f4fddc078309749289.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk