Author Topic: Star fruit seeds and cassava cuttings  (Read 1884 times)

D-Grower

• United States, Florida, zone 8
    • View Profile
Star fruit seeds and cassava cuttings
« on: January 26, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
Right now due to need for harvest I have tons of star fruit seeds picked from fresh fruit. Anyone interested please pm me! Into trades too.

Also I have a few cassava plants which I can make cuttings from. They are large thick cuttings! Will make at least about a foot long.

Both for sale or trade. $15 per 120 star fruit seeds and/or cassava thick cuttings for $1.50 each plus shipping.

Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Star fruit seeds and cassava cuttings
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »
Do you have the yellow sweet cassava? I think there's a natural yellow one that's not the GMO one people like to use as a talking point.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:22:21 AM »
I'm not sure of the exact variety of cassavas I have. One us open pollinated and sets viable seeds that sprout readily. Another doesn't set seed at all and can only be propagated via cuttings. Also have the varigated variety of which I don't know if its of edible quality yet. The other two are certainly edible quality.

Is there a way to know if the kind I have is GMO? I believe I read that it was engineered to produce a higher protein content however it appeared from the article that this protein or the tertiary compounds produced from the presence of the added genes that it causes it to be undigestable and therefore wreak havoc in your digestive track and cause systemic inflammatory response. Not good if the article holds any merit. Myself I don't know for sure but rather not be a Guinea pig...
Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:24:06 AM »
Furthermore though if anyone has varieties of cassava they know are natural non GMO varieties please let me buy or trade you for some!

Thanks! DG
Trying to grow it all!

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 05:07:05 PM »
There's supposedly one developed for beta carotine or something that's golden colored, like golden rice. I think it's more a talking point for anti gmo people rather than something that's actually grown. But I say it just in case one of us got our hands on it. I'm not a commercial grower so I have no incentive for growing anything like that.

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »
Tons of star fruit seeds and cassava cuttings left! Please pm if interested!

Trying to grow it all!

D-Grower

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 12:19:12 PM »
Just bumping the thread for any interested parties to see easier!
Trying to grow it all!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk