Author Topic: Efficient wood stove to heat the greenhouse  (Read 950 times)

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
Efficient wood stove to heat the greenhouse
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »
I found this ,,canadian stove,, or Bullerjan stove wich is a free flow and a highly efficient gasification stove just like the ones that work on pellets used for central heating.The bullerjan thogh can use pellets and wood .Aluminum pipes can be conected to the stove pipes and moved outside of the greenhouse in certain situations and this could be usefull to heat a tree near the greenhouse;
Altough i am a fan of rocket stoves i have to say that this its more efficient than the rocket stove;
The design its beautifull ,looking like a Diesel engine.

Oolie

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: Efficient wood stove to heat the greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:47:08 AM »
I wonder if it can be converted to a water heater.

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 02:01:35 AM »
It can .Somme are allready equipped with a copper heat exchanger for water.

ColinGill

• London
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »
By using back boiler installation in conjunction with central heating or even ducted hot air, you could heat your entire house. Today’s wood stove models feature improved safety and efficiency-they produce almost no smoke, minimal ash, and require less firewood. Stove manufacturers have improved their combustion technologies over the years, and now some newer stoves have certified emissions in the 1 to 4 g/h range. When comparing models, you need to look for the EPA white label on the stove-a lower g/h rating means a cleaner, more efficient wood stove. The two general approaches to meeting the EPA smoke emission limits are non-catalytic and catalytic combustion. Both approaches have proved effective, but there are performance differences. In order to have hot water, I didn't buy any wood stove, but instead, I chose to go for a tankless water heater, being influenced by this great article from https://www.liferejoice.com/best-tankless-water-heaters/ which reflects on the best tankless water heaters available on the market in 2020.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:52:57 AM by ColinGill »

slopat

• USA, California, central coast, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »
Any comments about the "gasifier" type stoves? I just learned about the term a few months ago. The person said the concept worked for vehicles also.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk