Author Topic: Jaboticaba fertilizer  (Read 2515 times)

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
Jaboticaba fertilizer
« on: July 21, 2018, 11:37:33 PM »
I was wondering what people use for fertilizer for Jaboticaba seedlings.
I currently have two different types and both have quit growing and the new leaves are
coming out yellow and not greening up. I am using only rainwater which is suppose to be 7 ph, is this an issue?
I just bought some 365 day slow release 13-5-11 nutricote and wanted to check with the forum before I
apply it. Both of these are trees I can't readily get seeds for and I really want them to thrive.

gozp

• West Hills, CA
    • View Profile
Re: Jaboticaba fertilizer
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 12:19:50 AM »
Down to earth fish bone meal, langbeinite, oyster shell & kelp.

Coach62

• Naples, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Naples Home Inspections
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »
I assume it’s potted?  If so, just repot with miracle grow potting soil with fertilizer already in it. In ground I just use Vigro citrus fertilizer with minors.
www.ableinspector.com

Stop New Yorking my Florida!

Bruce

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 11:02:11 AM »
I assume it’s potted?  If so, just repot with miracle grow potting soil with fertilizer already in it. In ground I just use Vigro citrus fertilizer with minors.

No, potting mix with the fert incorporated in it is not recommended for fruit trees.  It can cause damage to young roots.
- Rob

meristos

• Caribbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 11:53:58 AM »
Pretty much good result with soluble potassium nitrate. 40grams in 10 liters of water.

Coach62

• Naples, FL Zone 10a
    • View Profile
    • Naples Home Inspections
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 06:15:14 PM »

No, potting mix with the fert incorporated in it is not recommended for fruit trees.  It can cause damage to young roots.

Never heard that, I've used it almost exclusively and never had a problem.  Everything I've put in it has taken off and done very well.

Honestly, I've found that all of the Scott products work very well.
www.ableinspector.com

Stop New Yorking my Florida!

Bruce

bsbullie

• USA, Boynton Beach, FL 33472, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »

Never heard that, I've used it almost exclusively and never had a problem.  Everything I've put in it has taken off and done very well.

Honestly, I've found that all of the Scott products work very well.

You are right.  I am just talking crap.  Personally, I really dont care...keep doing it.  You obviously know better...
- Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk