Author Topic: ISO Hardy citrus cuttings in Canada.  (Read 1015 times)

caladri

• Canada, British Columbia, Salt Spring Island, USDA 8b/9a
    • View Profile
ISO Hardy citrus cuttings in Canada.
« on: June 10, 2019, 01:20:21 PM »
Hello,

Looking to connect with other folks in Canada who have established hardy citrus and who would be willing to sell some cuttings.  I'm happy with occasionally buying from CCPP and buying seeds from the US for rootstock, but the costs of phytosanitary certificates pile up (to say nothing of how much worse the exchange rate makes the CCPP's non-California budwood prices), and while I know some people bring cuttings in without needing a phytosanitary certificate, I've dealt with CFIA and CBSA enough to not want to deal with the uncertainty of trying.

I'm presently most interested in Prague citsuma, Thomasville citrangequat, and other Poncirus hybrids, but would love to be in connection with other folks tinkering with hardy citrus of all kinds who might be willing to sell cuttings now and then.  Quick payment via e-Transfer, slow mail via Canada Post :)

(Also interested in any sources of Thomasville seeds in Canada or on the US west coast.)

Thanks in advance for any responses!  Would love to be a part of a more robust citrus growing community in the mild parts of Canada :)