Author Topic: Does one need a nursery license to sell on eBay?  (Read 1714 times)

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
Does one need a nursery license to sell on eBay?
« on: November 08, 2016, 03:25:11 AM »
I generally avoid buying on eBay, and I'm not to trying to sell. But when I googled this, I found some clashing info. Would standards be the same for shipping out of the U.S? I understand there are restricted items when it comes to listing, but does one need a license just to sell seeds and plants in particular?
Anisha

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Does one need a nursery license to sell on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »
You don't need a license to sell. Buyers don't need license to buy, but might need import documents to receive. You might need a nursery license to get a phytosanitary certificate in some countries. I'm actually not sure about the US.

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »
You don't need a license to sell. Buyers don't need license to buy, but might need import documents to receive. You might need a nursery license to get a phytosanitary certificate in some countries. I'm actually not sure about the US.
Thanks! That's the clearest answer I've heard yet!
Anisha

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 04:49:06 PM »
I know this isn't helpful, but apparently, from my experiences on eBay, you don't even need a product to sell on eBay.
Keith

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 04:53:43 PM »
Your problems are not going to come from eBay, but rather from state and federal agricultural restrictions and rules. Selling and sending plants in the mail is a lot more difficult than seeds. But even for seeds you need to contact your state and federal ag agencies to see what the restrictions are.
Oscar

fyliu

• Burbank/Covina, CA 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »
Oh, I forgot one thing. Things under quarantine actually restricts moving them FROM the quarantine area. It's not immediately intuitive, but that means you can't even move it FROM the quarantined area to another place under the same quarantine, or within the same quarantined area. I thought otherwise but was corrected by more informed citrus people in California.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk