Author Topic: Annona macroprophyllata germination experiment  (Read 1008 times)

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
Annona macroprophyllata germination experiment
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:21:04 AM »
Exciting news on my little experiment. I have germination on two groups of treated/untreated Annona macroprophyllata seeds from Luc and Raul after 2 -3 weeks. Half were soaked in 200ppm ga3 and the other half in water. Here is the main trick. The seeds from Luc were stored in a mason jar for about 2 years and the seeds from Raul were stored for over a year. I will try to germinate the rest without ga3 because I believe that negatively effects the plant health. The treated Luc's White germinated and the untreated haven't come up yet.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:03:08 PM by Vernmented »
-Josh

Guanabanus

• SE Palm Beach County, East of I-95, Elevation 18'
    • USA, Florida, Boynton Beach, 33435, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Annona macroprophyllata germination experiment
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »
How many Annona diversifolia seeds planted?

Storage at room temperature for about 10 months approximates dry-season-then-rainy-season in western Guatemala.
Har

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
Re: Annona macroprophyllata germination experiment
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »
How many Annona diversifolia seeds planted?

Storage at room temperature for about 10 months approximates dry-season-then-rainy-season in western Guatemala.

57 total. The Genova Reds didn't come up but I can't remember how old they are. I should also mention that I just checked the Luc's White and only the treated seeds have come up. I will update the original post. I will update this again to see what ended up germinating.

I remember you mentioning that before and that was part of the reason for my storage.  ;D Also, I think Raul mentioned that the professor that made the Ilama PDF discovered that some fresh seeds didn't even have the developed embryo when freshly harvested.
-Josh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk