Author Topic: Why do the leaves of Sweet Tart branches get burned when they support many fruit  (Read 592 times)

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
Specifically only in Sweet Tart trees this happens when they have a lot of fruit those branches leaves turn yellow and look burnt. I’m writing because today I had a visitor who is also a member here and he said the same thing is going on with his Sweet Tart leaves on the branches with a lot of fruit. With me it’s definitely not from lack of water. Could it be nutritional or just the stress on the loaded branches or both or something else? After the crop is picked should those branches be cut back to the healthy leaves or be left alone?

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
The same thing is occurring on my “Keitt” this year. 6-7 foot tree with 8 fruits developing. It had about 11 originally. Leaves are in terrible shape they look burnt just like but just and falling off. So far no one has given me an answer but logic would say the fruits are sucking up all the water and nutrients from a small rootstock, although you look to have a well established root system.

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
Just a guess, but were the leaves part of a mixed bloom panicle?

weiss613

• Miami
    • View Profile
In my case none of my trees except 1 Cotton Candy had a mixed bloom.

mango_kush

• Ft Lauderdale
    • View Profile
As long as the new growth flushes look healthy its fine, just probably part of its vigorous growth cycle

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
Mine were indeed mostly mixed bloom.
Pushing some
Healthy looking new growth.