Author Topic: Low biuret urea?  (Read 782 times)

loneroc1

• Lone Rock Wisconsin USA USDA Zone 3
    • View Profile
Low biuret urea?
« on: February 27, 2020, 04:55:13 PM »
Howdy all!

Can anyone tell me if biuret damages all parts of citrus trees, or just the leaves?

I have a lifetime supply of a generic 30-10-10 soluble acidifying fertilizer à la Miracid.  I don't know its sources of nitrogen but I've used it on citrus roots many times without obvious damage. What type of nitrogen did acid fertilizer contain 25 years ago? That's when I picked up 200 one pound packages of the stuff.  I transferred them to 5 gallon buckets and don't have the original label.  It was a great deal.  Through a weird combination of a sale and rebate the store paid me a buck and a half for each box I "bought".  Needless to say I took all they had and made $300 in the process. I still have about 50 pounds.  Which should last me a while.  Thanks! Steve H

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Low biuret urea?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »
Biuret damages only the trees leaves.  A portions of the leave loses its chlorophyll, thus photosynthesis is reduced. Without a label I have no idea what type of N your fertilizer has.

loneroc1

• Lone Rock Wisconsin USA USDA Zone 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:57:12 PM »
Thanks!  I won't worry then and will keep using it for ground application.  Steve H.

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 09:48:35 AM »
I can't find my original post from the old forum, but I investigated this once.  I contacted Scotts, which owns Miracid/MicracleGrow.  The biuret content of this product is a bit over the recommended tolerance for citrus, I forget the exact details though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk