Author Topic: Angie Mango tree?  (Read 3803 times)

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Angie Mango tree?
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Just wondering who has Angie available?  in 3 gallon.  I will be visiting S. Florida in couple of weeks, and would like to pick one of these up.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Jacob13

• Southern California - Zone 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Angie Mango tree?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »
Anyone have "Angie" Budwood?

Thanks,

Jacob

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
Just wanted to bump this up,  and try again to see if anyone knows who has Angie.  if not available, second choice is ST Maui.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »
Fairchild will have it at the Mango Festival in July.  My understanding is that Zill has been propagating it exclusively for Fairchild.  Maybe by next year it'll be widely available (?).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:44:32 PM by johnb51 »
John

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
Fairchild will have it at the Mango Festival in July.  My understanding is that Zill has been propagating it exclusively for Fairchild.  Maybe by next year it'll be widely available (?).

If your visit doesn't coincide with the Festival, maybe you could contact Richard Campbell or Noris Ledesma at Fairchild and see if he/she could help you out in acquiring an Angie.  It's worth a shot!
John

Berto

• Southwest Florida
  • Ready to learn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »
I just tasted the fruit given to me by a fellow fruit collector! Angie is a must have mango!  Excellent! I am on the waiting list to get some scions from him!

Tropicdude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:50:26 AM »

If your visit doesn't coincide with the Festival, maybe you could contact Richard Campbell or Noris Ledesma at Fairchild and see if he/she could help you out in acquiring an Angie.  It's worth a shot!

I met Noris Ledesma last week and she invited me to film "behind the scenes" of the prepping before the event, something that I would have absolutely loved to do, but sadly I will not be able to make it for that time period,  but I think I have found a source from a member that has one tree.

I just tasted the fruit given to me by a fellow fruit collector! Angie is a must have mango!  Excellent! I am on the waiting list to get some scions from him!

That is good news, Angie seems to be a really good mango, hopefully it will do well down here.  which is what I want to find out.
William

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »
have 3, nice 3 gal angies...

$30 for local pick up, $35 if you make me ship! (sorry no shipping to CA, TX, LA, AZ for these plants)

thanks!
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:09 AM »
I have 3 and 7 gal available both are nice sized.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk