Author Topic: Mangifera altissima seeds.  (Read 3941 times)

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
Mangifera altissima seeds.
« on: June 02, 2017, 10:07:28 AM »
I had ordered the seeds from 'fruitnursery'. I received the seeds, packed with moist cotton, all the seeds were rotted!!

Exotic.Brazilian.Fruits

• I want to learn about new species and to eventuall
    • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: Mangifera altissima seeds.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »
Hi,

Would not it be more elegant, send a private message to the friend and tell what happened and what he can do to repay you?

Maybe the guy is a newbie, I too am a newbie and I would be humbled by a situation like this.

Maybe it may have gone wrong, in the dampness, on the substrate, sometimes only a conversation will resolve itself.

I do not know what can be gained by exposing a problem in this way ... but anyway ...

I had ordered the seeds from 'fruitnursery'. I received the seeds, packed with moist cotton, all the seeds were rotted!!

Terminalia

• Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:55:48 PM »
Too moist substrate is a classical problem for newbies, even for non-commercial senders.

My experiences with fruitnursery are good (but you have to talk with him to find out that he is a kind and cooperative person).

@ Chandramohan
Did you contact fruitnursery ?

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:44:22 PM »
Seeds should not be sent in wet paper towels. They are not sterile, and often times lead to mold and rot of seeds when shipped long distances. It happened to me from a seller that is rather known on the forum. I ordered Artocarpus seeds and they arrived rotted and crushed. They blamed me and said I should have ordered more seeds just in case some were crushed. They refunded only 25% of my order and would not consider resending.
I wish it were common knowledge to not pack recalcitrant seeds in wet paper towels and basic/thin paper envelopes. If they really want to sell recalcitrant seeds, they should have already known this.. To the author of this thread and whoever else: Next time you just have to request that they pack in moist coco husk or perlite. If they say they don't have these mediums, I would avoid them at all costs. Don't risk wasting your money.
Anisha

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:01:49 AM »
I had already informed fruitnursery on 31st.Since there was no response is why I made this post.
Anisha, thanks, next time I will specify how the seeds should be sent.

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 06:20:33 AM »
Hi,

I do apologize for the wet substrate, since i am newbie, one member messaged me to answer back.  Some are requesting vermiculite for substrate. Will look for it.  I could send free seeds as long you pay shipping fee for those seeds got rotten.  Thanks for the members helping me in how to proper package seeds. I am learning a lot. Having a hard time answering replies pm because i cant see my original post.

Regards,

Berns

Tropical fruit collector enthusiast

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
Maybe I am missing something here, but why is Chandramohan needing to pay for shipping again when he did nothing wrong?

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
There is a long story behind this. Since I was in the US when I ordered these seeds, I do not have a bank account in US, so much so I am forced to use a 'Gift card' to operate my Paypal account. So I paid him what ever money I had in that particular card and paid him the balance the day after , after I got a new 'Gift Card'.  Subsequently, I ordered Alupag seeds from him. When I received the M.altissima seeds I was surprised to find that he had send me only two seeds instead of the five I had paid for!!! When I queried him, he replied that there was a mistake, he has send the remaining three seeds along with the Alupag seeds. Suppose I had not ordered the Alupag seeds? He did not inform me that he had not sent the five seeds I had paid for, during the 15 days it took for the parcel to reach me!! Even when I informed him that the balance three seeds I received are rotted he chose to keep quite, until now. Will some one please tell me what I have done wrong, posting this on the forum.

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
Sir,

I apologize for the inconvinience. My group made a mistake. But let me just clarify that you did not send the balance after the first payment right away. Thats why our packer got confused. We only ship seeds if payed at the right amount.

That is why my packer only shipped 2 seeds.  Then when we were shipping the payed seeds. You said that the remaining balance is already payed.

My offer is to replace the rotten seeds.  But you shoulder shippimg fee . Just like you are offering free seeds but pay for shipping fee. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 08:51:31 PM by fruitnursery »

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 05:14:57 AM »
When I send you the part payment, I had mentioned that I will be paying the balance immediately, and the reason for making the part payment!! You should understand that I am depended on my daughter for transportation to go out and buy a new 'GiftCard' And I send the money the day after. But you packed the seeds on April 27th and send the parcel only on May4th. You had received the balance  money much before then. I have no intention to waste any more money for rotten seeds!! If you are really sincere you can send me the seeds and if I receive them in good condition, I will pay you then.

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 05:30:11 AM »
And I am not offering free seeds in replacement!!! I am offering them free in the first place! If I were well to do, I would bear even the postage, because I want people to have as many fruit trees as they can grow!!

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »
Sir,

No sir, you send the balance payment after i shipped the seeds. Please do not lie.  If you did send the balance payment after you payed the first payment then, our packer would have senrt 5 seeds than two. As you have said. I got the payment on april 27th. Then shipped the seeds at may 4.  So if you did send the balance payment on april 28th then we would have sent 5 seeds on may 4th because we were processing other orders. 

If you do not want my offer of replacement but you pay for shipping fee. So be it. I dont care if my credibility will be ruined.  Just remember sir, you said some of the were rotten, not all. You said the alupag seeds are alright.  I delivered the seeds, its unfortunate that some seeds got rotten.  That is my offer. 

Regards,

Berns

When I send you the part payment, I had mentioned that I will be paying the balance immediately, and the reason for making the part payment!! You should understand that I am depended on my daughter for transportation to go out and buy a new 'GiftCard' And I send the money the day after. But you packed the seeds on April 27th and send the parcel only on May4th. You had received the balance  money much before then. I have no intention to waste any more money for rotten seeds!! If you are really sincere you can send me the seeds and if I receive them in good condition, I will pay you then.

fruitnursery

• Philippines
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
Sir,

You are offering free seeds in replacement or in exchange   for shipping fee. That is an exchange or a replacement of type in a monetary way.   You are contradicting yourself. I am not replacing anything, because you got your orders in an unprecedent way.  What i am doing is an offering.  Who said i was offering a warranty?

Regards,

Berns

And I am not offering free seeds in replacement!!! I am offering them free in the first place! If I were well to do, I would bear even the postage, because I want people to have as many fruit trees as they can grow!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:57:53 AM by fruitnursery »

Chandramohan

• India, Kerala, Wynad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 01:17:23 PM »
I cannot correspond with a person who does not understand simple English!

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »
We all try, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Everyone makes mistakes now and again...9 out of 10 of my choices usually are. However, I think this is number 10 in the series today... ;).
I am not the type to hold a grudge if someone makes a mistake, especially if they are willing to fix the problem.

Cheers,
Paraponera
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 01:59:38 AM »
Was anybody able to get viable seed?
I received 3 packages of this but they always arrived rotten so I gave up.

Satha

• Sri Lanka
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 03:00:41 AM »
I also bought JAbo and some other variety. All jabo seeds were rotten at the time of posting. But the other variety was good I think. Out of 10 seeds, three of them have just sprouted. But Jobos fully rotten.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk