Author Topic: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens- anyone using successfully?  (Read 917 times)

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Bacillus amyloliquefaciens- anyone using successfully?
« on: May 15, 2019, 09:42:35 AM »
Like a good feller I did a forum search for Bacillus amyloliquefaciens and found this old post:
I'm having horrible Phomopsis problems on my Dot mango.  It has almost killed the small tree back to a stump.  I went to Orange County Farm supply and their pesticide guru recommended Monterey Complete Disease Control with an active ingredient of bacillus Amyloliquefaciens.  He says it is a beneficial Bacteria that outcompetes most harmful bacteria and Fungi such as Phomopsis and Powdery Mildew.  Since it is a bacteria you only have to use it as a drench once to get it into your soil.  As a foliar you need to spray it every two weeks.  Has anyone tried this?  It sounds too good to be true.

Bill

I was searching my local Co-Op shelves for an anti-fungal to use on trees with Diplocarpon(black spot) and found Bonide Revitalize, which uses this bacterium.

Like the user above, it’s sounds too good to be true.

Anyone try this stuff?

00christian00

• Italy, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
Re: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens- anyone using successfully?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:32:51 PM »
I have an old apricot tree that is severely affected by monilia and gummosis.
It doesn't have any effect on the production however, so I never bothered to do anything to it.
This year I tried Serenade Natria which uses Bacillus subtilis, just out of curiousity, and It still have to show any sign of both.