Author Topic: pineapple recipes  (Read 3730 times)

ExoticJenny

• Poland
    • View Profile
pineapple recipes
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
Pineapple is one of the most popular tropical fruits and of course one of the most tasties! However, last time when I was eating it I noticed that it really hurted my tounge - maybe because of its juice or big portion, I am not sure. What is more, I have never added this fruit to my dishes (exept its raw form and addition to pizza) , so I thought that it is a good idea to ask you! Have you got some checked, good recipes with use of pineapple?

Hil

• Spain, 10a
    • View Profile
    • New Vidas
Re: pineapple recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 04:22:59 PM »
Eating too much at once will 'burn' your tongue, because of an enzym in the fruit called bromelain. It breaks down protein and is sometimes used to tenderize meat (instead of those meat hammer things). It doesn't just make pork tender, but also our own meat  :D
Same can happen with too much papaya, but then because of papain.
About the fruit. I really like it as a juice, or when the juice is made to make a virgin piņa colada. They're amazing.
I've also ate them fried once, a pineapple version of pisang goreng, which was really good. Haven't tried making it myself though. You could try this one out: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/245701/pineapple-fritters/