Author Topic: Graft refusing to push  (Read 1210 times)

SonnyCrockett

• Charleston, SC (8b)
    • View Profile
Graft refusing to push
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »
I did an inverted t-bud of Golden Nugget on 9-17-17.  It healed up well, so I broke the top of the tree over pretty quickly, but now it's just sitting there refusing to grow.  The rootstock has tried to send out some growth above and below the GN a couple of times, but I have broken them off before they could get going. 

The tree was in a shady area while it initially recovered, but now it is in my winter grow room.  Temps staying between 70 and 90F.  Any suggestions guys? 

mikkel

• Lueneburg, Germany Zone 7
    • View Profile
Re: Graft refusing to push
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
I have no suggestion but I can tell I have some candidates likes this since 2 years. Still alive but no growth. I take part on this question.

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:52:51 PM »
A grafted bud can commonly take anywhere from 3 to 8 week to completely heal.   Give the bud some time.

mrtexas

• USA, Sugarland,TX 9B
    • View Profile
    • MrTexasCitrus
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:00:20 PM »
I did an inverted t-bud of Golden Nugget on 9-17-17.  It healed up well, so I broke the top of the tree over pretty quickly, but now it's just sitting there refusing to grow.  The rootstock has tried to send out some growth above and below the GN a couple of times, but I have broken them off before they could get going. 

The tree was in a shady area while it initially recovered, but now it is in my winter grow room.  Temps staying between 70 and 90F.  Any suggestions guys?

Force it in the spring. It won't do much in winter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk