Author Topic: Citrus Spring feeding and care regimen  (Read 5798 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: Citrus Spring feeding and care regimen
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 10:05:55 PM »
Growers should fertilize their trees to meet the TOTAL demands of the tree throughout the complete development process. From flowering, fruit set, fruit enlargement, maturity, the next vegetative flush, and especially when a crop remains on the tree during bloom and the fruit set of the next crop.  Low biuret urea would help with providing some of the energy the  tree needs in producing the carbohydrates (the tree's food) to produce branches, leaves, flowers and fruit.  It certainly would not hurt.  In order to help, the spray should be made a month before the expected bloom date of your tree, also do not apply the spray directly on the flowers while the tee is still in bloom.  I should say at this point that I don't know all that much about the botany and physiology of the particular cultivar Lee x Nova.  The problem could be inherent with that particular cross, or it could be that the die off is due for some reason that the tree after producing the present vegetative flush and flowering does not have enough stored carbonates to carry the process to completion or even a variety of other concerns.  Always remember foliar sprays do no replace regular fertilization through the root system.   If you do apply the low biuret, come back and tell us the results.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:24:57 PM by Millet »

CA Hockey

• Orange, CA 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Citrus Spring feeding and care regimen
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 12:28:29 AM »
Thanks for the advice. It just stuck out in my head that the growing nursery (one of the large ones in Central Valley) went out of their way to let me know about this issue and even commented that they weren’t propagating that cultivar anymore because of too many complaints from their clients.

Can you apply low bioret urea to other plants as well? Mango avocado stone fruit?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk