Author Topic: Cherimoya prices skyrocketing  (Read 8866 times)

Pasca

• Los Angeles, California, 9B
    • View Profile
Re: Cherimoya prices skyrocketing
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 05:50:15 PM »
I know it was not the goal of the author of this post, but I find it interesting to get reports of cherimoya prices elsewhere outside of California.  The Farmers Markets in the San Gabriel Valley have consistently had prices in the $8-9/lb.  Some of the fruits are small like the runts of the litter.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
4$ a pound in poway today at the farmers market.  Picked up a few good lookers.
Brad Spaugh

Bhkkatemoya

• San diego
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »
Here’s the price at abc supermarket in little Saigon.  Corner of bolsa and magnolia. A lot of big 2lbs fruits.

Kada

• Taiwan
    • View Profile
    • Kada's Garden
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »
Our prices here sky rocketed too once we opened exports to China.  I've heard there $15 a fruit is easy.  Here from the farmers stands anywhere from $3 (poor quality) to $7 per kg normally.

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 02:11:26 PM »
Here’s the price at abc supermarket in little Saigon.  Corner of bolsa and magnolia. A lot of big 2lbs fruits.

Those look like some good sized Dr Whites from mature trees. That’s a very reasonable price. My local supermarket here is selling them for 7.99/lbs now in January. I believe demand is growing for this fruit because people are finally finding out how amazingly delicious this fruit really is.

Simon

PrincessTigerLily

• US, San Diego CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 03:25:21 PM »
There's a nursery in Anaheim you can pick and buy fruits for pretty reasonable price. They actually provide the fruits to local fruit stands in OC. They have all sort Annona fruits, phet pakchong, AP, even sugar apple :).

Here the address if anyone's interested. There's no sign in the front.

10722 n magnolia avenue, Anaheim ( Stanton) ca 92804

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:58:52 PM by PrincessTigerLily »

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »
The prices for Cherimoyas keep going up. Today, my local Asian market is charging $12.99/pound

Luckily, Cherimoyas are relatively easy to grow in my area

How’s the price where everyone else is at? Also, how has the quality been so far?

In my yard, the early Fruit were a bit watered down from all the rains but these later fruit are significantly better.

Simon

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 04:29:37 PM »
I think they are charging more for chinese new year.  My hair cutter said she paid 10$ at the market for some and was using them for chinese new year clelebrations.

Havent looked now that my trees are producing but Im guessing 7$ at the farmers market. 

My early fruit were sweeter than the ones now.  Dr whites now are very enjoyable but brix is closer around 20 (guessing on the brix) where the early ones were 25. 

Still waiting to pick the african prides, had one a few weeks ago and it wasn't very good.
Brad Spaugh

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »
production has been bad lately, either fruint dont size up in time OR get burned in intense heat of Aug/Sep. out of 100's of pollinated flowers each year across my 3 fully matured fruiting trees, I be lucky if I pull 50 decent ones. this is why now I have 14 trees in ground, the new added trees in last 3 years combined has put out about 30, so its getting better with more trees. Only have exquisite ones so no complaints.