Author Topic: Red Vein Kratom vs. Kratom  (Read 1516 times)

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
Red Vein Kratom vs. Kratom
« on: February 25, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
So i was visiting my friends farm in Florida where Kratom is legal, and took some pictures. In case anybody wants to see how they are different,  I can say that Red Vein “Gan Daeng” is much more bitter, it’s like your mouth is on fire, for that reason it is best folded up and put in the cheek to break down vs chewing.

For construction workers and farmers in southern Thailand,  Kratom , called “Bai Tom” is like their coffee.  You can really tell when they havn’t had their Kratom for breakfast because work will be slow, sluggish, 3 hour lumch breaks or just never come back.  It really is strange that it is illegal here, because workers don’t show up with other illegal driugs, just Kratom.

Reason is it numbs pain, including “pain” from the sun and heat.  So hard labor is best done a but numbed.  Perhaps  some placebo effect.  Many people comsider it a stimulant, and it sort of is, you wouldn’t want to drink a Karatom tea before bed.  But I think the numbing effect is the real stimulant for hard work
to get done.

Whatever is in the Red Vein, it is just so potent that insects also stay away, green leaf usually has some bite marks, while you can see in this picture the leaf is untouched and beautiful.

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
Re: Red Vein Kratom vs. Kratom
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:42:32 PM »
Love the leaves of kratom.

I have a small tree in a pot now. Doesn’t like the cold and dry at all.

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:49:11 AM »
it doesn't like full sun that I can see either, but yes 90 degree heat and daily watering should do it good, seems to like rich black loam.

Alejandro45

• Palm Beach FL, Zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:46:13 PM »
I agree partial sun rich soil and slightly wet feet is fine with them.

I have white vein, Ma Deng I believe. Use it like a light stimulant effect.

Where is your friends farm? I would love to grow red vein.

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:14:24 AM »
Ive been wanting this for a while. Any leads? You can PM me or email me. Thank you. Chris
-Chris

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 04:12:41 AM »
How did countries get this plant overseas?

I dont think there is even one kratom plant in my whole country so I have no chance of buying it but I also read to try from seeds is mostly pointless and wont work :(
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:36:45 PM »
Some construction workers here in southern Thailand offered me some green variety, known as Gaan Kiow (whereas Gaan Daeng is red vein this is green vein)  I think perhaps this is the same as MaengDa.  According to people here there is only 2 types of Kratom.  I think I read otherwise online though.

The green is so much more pleasant to chew, I don't know why the Red is so 'spicy', but I think the effects are a bit different.  It seems the green is much more of a stimulant, the leaves are smaller, so 2-3 are chewed at a time.  The Red Vein is more 'hazy' more of the painkilling side I guess.  For people unaccostomed to eating leaves, or eating bitter, I think the Red Vein would make them sick, it is such a strange spicy bitter taste, it really never leaves as well, making it hard to swallow even after keeping it in the cheek for 20 minutes.  The green however is nice to chew, it becomes a sweet numbing ball of mush after 20 minutes which you don't want to swallow.

Poultices of the green would work very good for toothaches I believe, perhaps 5-10 leaves would definitely numb, but not sure how long of the effects.

Here in Thailand ancient remedy for toothaches is Betel Nut Paste (aka Hmaak), Areca Catechu Palm nuts, and the effects of Kratom and Maak seem very similar.   I have read that Maak is supposedly cancerous?  It seems medicinally Kratom is much more promising.

Here in Thailand you might want to know that Thai people blame foreigners for being illegal in Thailand.  However the main reason I believe it is illegal while other similar natural herbs remain legal is because of how the youth prepare the Kratom.  They boil bags of Kratom with cough syrup, to extract the DMT and other amphetamines into a liquid cocktail.  These people high on the drugs always involved with some serious crimes like rape and murder.  They blame the drugs, and the cocktail is known as Kratom.  However what is really the issue is the amphetamines and DMT, plus I believe almost 80% of the issue comes down to these kids and how they were raised. 

I think the law in the USA is definitely on the right path, to not outlaw the plant, but outlaw derivatives and concoctions, this will prevent kids getting hooked on homemade meth marketed as Kratom.

sahai1

• NST, THAILAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 09:39:08 PM »
I believe cuttings?  I do not know much about Kratom, perhaps it seeds as well?  google my friend :)
I found one site, I think I will see what else they have.. https://www.ethnoplants.com/gb/asian-plants-seeds/426-mitragyna-speciosa-kratom-seeds-pods.html

How did countries get this plant overseas?

I dont think there is even one kratom plant in my whole country so I have no chance of buying it but I also read to try from seeds is mostly pointless and wont work :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk