Author Topic: Orchardcrime.com (not for the faint of heart)  (Read 2335 times)

mangomongo

• MERRITT ISLAND
    • View Profile
Orchardcrime.com (not for the faint of heart)
« on: February 26, 2018, 09:11:09 AM »
So while driving down tropical trail in south Merritt island I saw a large sign that said someone had gone into a local mango Orchard and cut down three trees right up by the road. I can only think of one reason someone would commit such a heinous crime, Revenge!!! But why? unhappy customer? disgruntled employee? ticked off neighbor? Random act of violence?

One thing I did note was that there was no actual fence restricting access to at least that portion of the property, just a vegetation screen of eureka palms blocking the view from the road but anyone could just walk right up to the trees.

https://orchardcrime.com/wp-content/uploads/orchard_crime/IMG_4-poster.jpg
https://orchardcrime.com/wp-content/uploads/orchard_crime/IMG_3697.JPG
https://orchardcrime.com/wp-content/uploads/orchard_crime/IMG_3701.JPG
Orchardcrime.com
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:01:51 AM by mangomongo »

561MangoFanatic

• Loxahatchee, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Orchardcrime.com (not for the faint of heart)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 01:26:52 PM »
Sad that someone would be that malicious... (when I 1st seen the trees I was like- 😱😫😢... but now thinking about it, I know it always comes back to that person) I know I’m pretty pissed & heated seeing that happen so I could imagine the owner of the orchard... tho you’re question is on point- I wonder what happened to anger someone to do that to that person??
Sergio

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
It's really sad to see that sort of vandalism.  Not to diminish this incident, but we had some really nasty vandalism here on the big island several years back where papaya orchards were being attacked and farms suffered losses ranging from hundreds to thousands of papaya trees.  I had to drive by one of these farms down in Puna -- it was a horrible sight and was really disturbing.  There were all sorts of rumors at the time from competitors to family issues to environmental wackos (some of the papaya here is genetically modified); I'm not sure these cases were ever solved.  Hopefully, they'll get the person(s) responsible for this one.

John

j-grow

• Merritt Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »
yes i saw the sign but could never read the whole thing fast enough to figure out what happened?  very weird ........

mangomongo

• MERRITT ISLAND
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »
It's the stuff nightmares are made of lol

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
It's really sad to see that sort of vandalism.  Not to diminish this incident, but we had some really nasty vandalism here on the big island several years back where papaya orchards were being attacked and farms suffered losses ranging from hundreds to thousands of papaya trees.  I had to drive by one of these farms down in Puna -- it was a horrible sight and was really disturbing.  There were all sorts of rumors at the time from competitors to family issues to environmental wackos (some of the papaya here is genetically modified); I'm not sure these cases were ever solved.  Hopefully, they'll get the person(s) responsible for this one.

John
The really freaky thing was that this happened 2 years in a row, and even stranger that it happened both years on almost the same day of the year. Another thing you didn't mention is that the person(s) who did this went through the grove and cut hundreds of trees down with a machete. That would take many hours and tremendous amount of effort. I don't believe these crimes were ever solved.
Oscar

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
Sad that someone would be that malicious... (when I 1st seen the trees I was like- 😱😫😢... but now thinking about it, I know it always comes back to that person) I know I’m pretty pissed & heated seeing that happen so I could imagine the owner of the orchard... tho you’re question is on point- I wonder what happened to anger someone to do that to that person??
Usually there is some kind of feud going on that causes this kind of situation. But not always. There are also the crazy people that vent their anger on just anything or anyone. A good example here are teenagers on ice that will vandalize cars parked on side of the road. Their favorite trick is to smash in the windshields.
Oscar

OCchris1

• Old Towne Orange, CA 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 02:02:24 AM »
Time to invest in some motion cam's (for the owner)? That breaks my heart seeing those pics...and not to mention my blood boiling. If it were me I would set up a blind next year at this time and take out some "varmints. Chris
-Chris

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:19 AM »
Saw that on the news, that has to be a sick person!! Hope you can catch them. I agree with one of the other posts. Had to be someone who had a bone to pick with you. Takes a lot of anger to cut someone fruit tree down and 3 at that. Especially I saw the mature longan tree cut down, that made me sick to my stomach as I baby my sweetheart lychee dreaming it will look as nice as that tree did. I would be on the news also if I found the person who would do something like that to my trees!!!!

Cythompson159@yahoo.com

• JoJo Mammey
    • East central Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 12:37:33 PM »
Saw that on the news, that has to be a sick person!! Hope you can catch them. I agree with one of the other posts. Had to be someone who had a bone to pick with you. Takes a lot of anger to cut someone fruit tree down and 3 at that. Especially I saw the mature longan tree cut down, that made me sick to my stomach as I baby my sweetheart lychee dreaming it will look as nice as that tree did. I would be on the news also if I found the person who would do something like that to my trees!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk