Author Topic: Ways To Use Orange Peels  (Read 1809 times)

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Ways To Use Orange Peels
« on: April 06, 2018, 04:11:06 PM »
Orange: Orange peels are a great option to get rid of pimples, blackheads, dead cells, blemishes and dark circles. It also helps dry skin stay hydrated and adds glow to your face. You can mix water and orange peel (dried and grounded) to your scalp as it helps get rid of dandruff. It is also good for reducing digestion problems

SoCal2warm

• zone 10 and zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Ways To Use Orange Peels
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:32:37 PM »
I will also add that citrus peels can also be used to make essential oils, which can be very valuable. Either press the peels or steam distillation, the latter of which can be helpful to avoid photosensitizing furanocoumarins from getting in the oil (this can be an issue with bergamot, lime, lemon, and to a much lesser extent grapefruits/pomelo).
Satsuma mandarin oil and yuzu oil are especially sought after, while pomelo has a very perfume-like aspect but the essential oil is pretty uncommon to be able to find.

d-limonene is the major component of orange oil and is a very useful safe natural solvent.

Yorgos

• USA, Houston, Texas USDA zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:34:02 PM »
It’s excellent in an Old Fashion!
Near NRG Stadium, Houston Texas. USDA zone 9a

SoCal2warm

• zone 10 and zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:38:20 PM »
It’s excellent in an Old Fashion!
To those who don't know what that is (I had to look it up) it's an alcoholic drink.

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
Citrus peels are high in potassium calcium and probably other minerals and shouldn't be wasted.

spaugh

• San Diego County California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 02:22:40 AM »
Citrus peels are high in potassium calcium and probably other minerals and shouldn't be wasted.

Can they be buried in top soil or do they cause harm to worms?  We bury all of our food scraps but were under the impression citrus peels were not ok to feed to worms.  It would be great if they were ok to bury as we eat citrus while in the garden and toss the peels.
Brad Spaugh

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 10:18:39 AM »
I don't know directly about worms, but I know that orange peels are used for cattle feed.  My thought is that they would be OK for worms.