Author Topic: My plants (New to tropicals)  (Read 945 times)

zephian

• USA, CA, Yuba City Zone 9B
    • View Profile
My plants (New to tropicals)
« on: August 18, 2018, 05:50:25 PM »
Just wanted to post a few pictures of my newest addiction. Mostly fueled by Mike's low price seeds! (Thanks Mike)
Had a bit of a learning curve with some seeds so far, and not all are doing well, but it's a work in progress.

Zills black suriname in the middle, rest are sapodillas. (Silas, Makok, hasya)

My only avocado tree that bounced back after over watering (Hass)

4-in-1 cherry. struggling a bit. Lost all green foliage on a graft recently.

Dead-ish avocados. some suckers from root ball. Will see how these do before tearing them out. (Lamb-Hass and holiday)

Y. Grumichama, pitomba, pitangatuba and peanut butter fruit (and my last sapodilla still emerging)

Same as last but also some muntingia calabura. I had alot of tip burn and  started using water that's been sitting out for a while instead of straight from the tap, appears to be helping.

Manilla Mango

And pruning advice on this? I lopped about 1 ft off when I got it and it's growing weird now. [Same Manilla]

Baby mangos from seed. Manilla, Nam Dac Mai, tommy atkins? (From the grocery store)

Goji Berry. Not sure I like these too much. Reminds me too much of a tomato.

Passion fruit (Red) Finally taking off and growing. Should be flowering soon but not expecting fruit (first year)

Constructive criticism welcome. Like I said, I'm new to this so will take any advice.
I lost alot of seeds (Including all my cherries of the rio:( ) but I now have them on a heat mat and in upside down plastic totes. Humidity is now kept around 70% and I'm noticing much better growth on some seedlings, though my camera doesn't show alot of it!
-Kris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk