Author Topic: Tropical Fruit Forum Logo  (Read 40475 times)

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Tropical Fruit Forum Logo
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »
Yes the logo i posted is just an idea, I will tweek it a bit, I wanted more exotic tropical fruit in the picture, like Guanabana, and Jackfruit. Anonna's etc.   the WWW can easily be removed.  manually cutting out individual fruits from a picture ( using mask ) take some time. but will see if I can get it done in my spare time.

I think that a simple two tone, version should be made also,  which is better for serigraphs, rubber stamping  and things like that. 

anyway , feel free to use any of my ideas for the logo,  the forum logo is more important than my need to win the contest.  I got my inspiration from some of the other posts, and the official seal of Florida. 

William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

Michiganian

• USA, Michigan, Grand Rapids - USDA Zone 5B
    • View Profile
    • My iStock Portfolio (Photos & Illustrations)
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 12:21:28 PM »
I still hear them saying w-w-w-dot on the radio when they are announcing a website. For me it's a matter of symmetry. I find adding "www." visually looks better to balance things out. However, if it's a unanimous vote, it can be removed.

Mike T, I just saw your offer of allowing use of your photos. I've been skimming through your posts, and actually you have several that would work well. A white background only makes the process easier for me to edit, but I can work around what's there. Particularly with photos such as this: http://postimg.cc/image/4sofkcqsj/ - The photo is properly exposed, the whole fruit is all in focus, sharp, and the lighting is even with no hard shadows or bright reflections. The only thing that could have possibly made it any better would have been to have one of the fruits open, like in that stock image. I think it's rather important to show the insides of a lot of these fruits because they can be rather surprising to people unfamiliar with them. Such as rambutan. :P

So if anyone else has photos they'd like to contribute, maybe we could post them here so that everyone working on the logos can utilize?

~ Cassandra

Sanddollarmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »
Spent most of the morning and last night working on this, please tell me it wasn't a waste of time!

It actually has nothing to do with Plantlover's sketch, and is based on an earlier sketch of a papaya tree with letters for the leaves:

murahilin

• Administrator
    • USA Greenacres, Florida Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 02:33:51 PM »
I still hear them saying w-w-w-dot on the radio when they are announcing a website. For me it's a matter of symmetry. I find adding "www." visually looks better to balance things out. However, if it's a unanimous vote, it can be removed.

Mike T, I just saw your offer of allowing use of your photos. I've been skimming through your posts, and actually you have several that would work well. A white background only makes the process easier for me to edit, but I can work around what's there. Particularly with photos such as this: http://postimg.cc/image/4sofkcqsj/ - The photo is properly exposed, the whole fruit is all in focus, sharp, and the lighting is even with no hard shadows or bright reflections. The only thing that could have possibly made it any better would have been to have one of the fruits open, like in that stock image. I think it's rather important to show the insides of a lot of these fruits because they can be rather surprising to people unfamiliar with them. Such as rambutan. :P

So if anyone else has photos they'd like to contribute, maybe we could post them here so that everyone working on the logos can utilize?

I like the www., for the same symmetry reasons. Without the www., the .com looks odd.

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 02:42:36 PM »
What if we went with "http://"

LOL

jcaldeira

• Planet Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

LOL
Let's not forget the slash at the end, for symmetry.   ;)  http://www.tropicalfruitforum.com/

Michigan radio aside,  the overwhelming majority of the time the simple domain name is provided without the www baggage, such as 'cnn.com', 'yahoo.com' or 'google.com'.  Modern times.  Type it in your address window without the 'www' and see what you get.
Applying laws and rules equally to all is a cornerstone of a civilized society.

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
I liked PJ's second globe design with a fruit cornucopia background like Harry suggested,
but I think Cassandra's has won me over as of today.  I think the Mango should be more
prominent only because it IS the king of fruits in my opinion as far as world wide tropical
fruit popularity and consumption....

EXCELLENT work to everyone putting their heads to this!

Gary

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »

LOL
Let's not forget the slash at the end, for symmetry.   ;)  http://www.tropicalfruitforum.com/

Michigan radio aside,  the overwhelming majority of the time the simple domain name is provided without the www baggage, such as 'cnn.com', 'yahoo.com' or 'google.com'.  Modern times.  Type it in your address window without the 'www' and see what you get.

Agreed but there is something to be said for the balance that the www adds.   I for one very much like Sanddollarmoons latest design.  I think it would make for a cool t-shirt.  I would buy it!
George

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
What programs are you guys using to make your designs? I want to develop mine into something better but i have no clue how.

Triloba Tracker

• Psalms 104:14
    • USA, Middle Tennessee, Zone 7a
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 03:27:23 PM »
What programs are you guys using to make your designs? I want to develop mine into something better but i have no clue how.

Gimp is great and free and powerful, but pretty steep learning curve.  My daughter uses PaintTool SAI with spectacular results, but that's more for drawing/painting than true graphic design like we're mostly doing here.

I like the designs of Michiganian, George, and William.
Hope we can get enough personal photos to replace those copyrighted ones.
And honorable mention to Sanddollarmoon for the nice hand-drawn stuff!

Michiganian

• USA, Michigan, Grand Rapids - USDA Zone 5B
    • View Profile
    • My iStock Portfolio (Photos & Illustrations)
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, but it also has a steep learning curve.

... ;) http:// kills the symmetry, too.

I do like the sketch for the tree with all of the fruits, Sanddollarmoon! 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:38:17 PM by Michiganian »
~ Cassandra

Tropicdude

• Broward County, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
I used Corel Draw.  lots of tutorials and step by steps on youtube.  I learned to do that masking, and powerclipping,etc all in one day. wish I had more time, to practice some more.
William
" The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.....The second best time, is now ! "

MangoFang

• Palm Springs, CA, Zone 9B
  • Palm Springs, CA
    • Riverside, Palm Springs/CA, 92264,9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:37 PM »
How about a tag line to the logo, perhaps below it or even wrapped around it....like......

Welcoming free sharing and friendly advice For Tropical Fruit Growers around the Globe

or.....in parenthesis....

"Welcoming free sharing and friendly advice for Tropical Fruit Growers around the World"

...this way,there is no question as to what the site contains - international, free and welcoming info
for fruit addicts...

I mean you could go with the hokey:  "Feeding Exotic Fruit Addiction Everywhere"    ;D

Gary
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:35:02 PM by MangoFang »

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »

Tell me what specific photos you need and i will try to help.
Oscar

LEOOEL

• USA, South Florida, Miami, Temperature Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
Forum Members have provided very nice, wonderful logos. But, because this is the Best One and most awesome of all the Forums, and thus the logo of the Tropical Fruit Forum is such an important pick, I'd humbly like to be very clear on my opinion for the logo to be chosen.

The logo should either be the one provided by Edzone9, or something very similar to it, where the shape of the worlds continents are clearly recognizable on the tree. In my opinion, this logo provided by Edzone9 is absolutly brilliant.

Then, around the logo you'd have the words "www.TropicalFruitForum.com," with an appropriate choice of letter color.

Finally, have the above logo surrounded (at your artistic discretion) by all the wonderful, colorful fruits that you want to put around it, like mango (of course), lychee (ditto), avocado, jackfruit (please), longan, orange, banana, mamey, sapodilla, grapes, spanish-lime, Pometia-Pinnata (you can't get any more exotic), etc.

This is a wonderful opportunity to choose the logo provided by Edzone9, before another Fruit Forum picks it, time is of the essence.

There's no need to make a super perfect, super final logo choice right now, some tinkering can always be done later and/or on a constant basis, just to freshen it every year or so.

Including Edzone9, these were the finalists on my list:

author: edzone9

The logo fee is $10 from logo earth..

The $9 guy came through with a couple of solid redesigns

This is the Patrick remake with the Harry tweaks

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:30:23 PM by LEOOEL »
'Virtue' should be taught, learned and propagated, in order to save others and oneself.

dongeorgio

• zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 02, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
I think if we incorporate Oscar's unbelievable pics with Cassandra's design we will have something worthy of our beloved forum.  Put me down for the first shirt off of the assembly line.
George

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2014, 01:32:09 AM »
I like EdZone9's globe also. What about using that inside of Patrick'g logo, instead of photo of earth? No reason some of these great ideas can't be combined. Really a lot of them are great ideas. Will be hard to pick just one. Could they be rotated, and give all great designers a time in the spotlight?  8)
Oscar

Dangermouse01

• East coast, Central Florida
    • USA, Palm Bay, FL 32907, Zone 9B
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
I like EdZone9's globe also. What about using that inside of Patrick'g logo, instead of photo of earth? No reason some of these great ideas can't be combined. Really a lot of them are great ideas.

I like that idea also. The truck of the "earth tree" would be a good separator between the www and the com of the web address circling it.

DM

FLnative

• Palm Beach County Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »
How about a t-shirt design similar to the below with some images of rare fruit over the respective county of origins. 

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:32 AM »
That is awesome ! , it could be modified to include some art work from the others who submitted there logos , whatever the end result is , I would also like to be a Forum T ! ;)..

Good luck with the event ! ..
Ed..

Ps. you can purchase the Logo here :
http://yaymicro.com/vector/globe-world-tree-concept/2231521
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:08:01 AM by edzone9 »
Zone 10

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2014, 09:30:55 AM »
Another idea I had for the shirts was each country could have its own name somewhere on the shirt with maybe with some fruit most specific to that region. Kinda like having a charter in each country. So the guys in Australia could have a design on their shirt that includes something like:

Tropical Fruit Forum
  Australia   

Tropical Fruit Forum
 Hawaii

That way the guys in that area kinda have their own branch and maybe a little more pride representing their country on their shirt. also, I could see more shirts being sold as other members may want to purchase each shirt to help represent the global community.

dongeorgio

• zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »
The revised version of the 2nd logo I got

George

plantlover13

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »

Hope you don't mind a little criticism, but too much green. Sorry, but the green on yellow feels like a slap to the face. Maybe a slightly modified color scheme would work?

dongeorgio

• zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2014, 11:51:40 AM »
Plantlover,

How DARE you criticize my design! This is my brain child and I poured my blood, sweat and tears into it.  I am allowing you to peer into my soul with these designs!   just kidding.  Every design you see from me collectively cost $9 on Ebay so the criticism is welcomed.  I am just trying to get some ideas out there for the professionals to run with and also trying to make sure this topic doesn't disappear before we get an actual logo I can use on Facebook. 
George

Tropicalgrower89

• Zone 11a, Florida
    • Pembroke Pines, FL, 33024, 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »

Looks great! But it is missing a delicious and popular tropical fruit. Mamey!  ;D ;)
Alexi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk