Author Topic: Himmayudin mango  (Read 6539 times)

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Re: Himmayudin mango
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
I haven’t found any distinction between what is called “Alampur Baneshan” here and what is labeled “Iman Passand”. As best as I can tell they’re the same thing. The foliage is the same, the growth habit is the same, the fruit looks and tastes the same and it cracks on the tree the same.

In India there may be a real difference but it would seem we only have one of them here. Or maybe there’s no difference and they’re even the same thing in India, as there is an enormous amount of confusion there with regards to cultivar names depending on the state and local language.

Alex, do you have picture of actual fruit of Imam pasand from your orchard, and how it looks on the inside?

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 03:05:28 PM »
I haven’t found any distinction between what is called “Alampur Baneshan” here and what is labeled “Iman Passand”. As best as I can tell they’re the same thing. The foliage is the same, the growth habit is the same, the fruit looks and tastes the same and it cracks on the tree the same.

In India there may be a real difference but it would seem we only have one of them here. Or maybe there’s no difference and they’re even the same thing in India, as there is an enormous amount of confusion there with regards to cultivar names depending on the state and local language.

Alex, do you have picture of actual fruit of Imam pasand from your orchard, and how it looks on the inside?

Yes, here is a cut open one:

We’ve sourced them from 4 nurseries, plus multiple collections. We’ve even had Himayudin  trees from Hawaii that were the same thing as Alampur Baneshan.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 03:15:21 PM »
Thanks Alex.  the fruit looks different in color inside compared to what I got from USDA, again USDA is never a sure guarantee either. I am finding out mislabels and mistags on wood sent to me by USDA not to be what they said it is.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:52:50 PM by behlgarden »

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 06:32:56 PM »
Thanks Alex.  the fruit looks different in color inside compared to what I got from USDA, again USDA is never a sure guarantee either. I am finding out mislabels and mistags on wood sent to me by USDA not to be what they said it is.

They have a bunch of them. Borsha and Borsha Kampong for instance are both Bombay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk