Author Topic: Ilama germination  (Read 2774 times)

ecstacy006

• s:r_e_e ™√ ind
    • india,kerala
    • View Profile
Ilama germination
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:04:34 AM »
Hi all
Can somebody help me how to germinate ilama seeds easily..heard that it will take long time to germinate..does GA3 solution really matters?

Dane

• Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Ilama germination
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Everyone seems to have success when using Ga3 within 2- 3 weeks.

ecstacy006

• s:r_e_e ™√ ind
    • india,kerala
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:11:05 AM »
Can u pls tell me how to use ga3

Dane

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:32:15 AM »
I’m actually trying it for the first time myself. I used methylated spirits to dissolve the powder but it didn’t seem to dissolve. Hoping someone can help me out with what is best to use to dissolve Ga3 before adding distilled water.

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 11:43:21 PM »
I like the ProGibb 4%, it is registered for Organic use and already in solution.

https://www.valent.com/agriculture/products/progibb/index.cfm

PPM solutions are easiest. Look up some scientific publications on the Annona spp that you are trying to work with. The scientific papers are made to repeat the results and check the science. If they can not be replicated then the publishers look foolish, and nobody wants to look foolish in front of their peers.
I have seen some recommend micro molar solutions and others go anywhere from 200 PM to 1000 PPM. Just make sure to use the correct amount for the correct number of days (and refresh the solution occasionally). Too much has been shown to stop germination in many species, whereas not enough may do nothing more than distilled water. My 2 cents. Try "Google Scholar", Sci-hub, or use your institution's online library if you are a student.

Cheers
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

Vernmented

• Starry Nursery/Plant Hoarder/Zone Pusher/Biochar Enthusiast
    • USA, Florida, Sarasota, 9B/10A
    • View Profile
    • Starry Nursery Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 01:01:34 PM »
I have used a 300ppm ga3 soak with dry seeds for 24 hours. I dissolved the ga3 in a small amount of 91% rubbing alcohol. I think most germinated within 2 weeks.
-Josh

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 06:17:31 PM »
I will have some Ilama, soursop, and annona seeds to germinate soon, and plan to use 4% ProGibb. Does anyone have suggestions on how best to use it (dilution, etc)?

Thank you.

Radoslav

• Slovakia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 01:54:32 AM »
I will have some Ilama, soursop, and annona seeds to germinate soon, and plan to use 4% ProGibb. Does anyone have suggestions on how best to use it (dilution, etc)?

Thank you.

There is no reason to use  gba on soursop or cherimoya seeds they germinate quickly.

Mikey

• San Diego, ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 10:49:10 PM »
Best way to germinate ilama is to put it in a pot with other plants and ignore it.  Within 6 months it will grow.  The longest part about germinating is breaking down the thick seed pod.  So if u put manure in your pot then mature nature will do the job.  Just grow other things in the pot such as chili and forget about it. 

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 01:48:46 PM »
Appreciated - thank you.

directrepeat

• Austin, Texas USA zone 8b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »
I agree with Radoslav: except for junglesop I have gotten >90% germination within 6mo from all Annona species, no need for treatments used on difficult seeds.

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 01:32:01 PM »
Out of curiosity, what seeds do people use GA3 on?

Further, has anyone used it to force flowering on certain trees? I have a few that are well large enough to produce fruit but seem stubborn to produce flowers.

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 10:43:26 AM »
Out of curiosity, what seeds do people use GA3 on?

Further, has anyone used it to force flowering on certain trees? I have a few that are well large enough to produce fruit but seem stubborn to produce flowers.

https://www.crfg.org/tidbits/gibberellic.html

This will help you. :)

Cheers,
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

K-Rimes

• Santa Barbara
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
I had read that before, and understand the ppm - sort of more curious to hear of any empirical evidence of it performing, or not. I’ll have 32oz of it which seems like a lifetime supply for my needs. It seems like a powerful agent, but that few hobbyists have used it.

If anyone is interested I’d be happy to sell them 1oz at a time of it, since this will be far too much.