Author Topic: Annona sp & link to parkinsons  (Read 9866 times)

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
Re: Annona sp & link to parkinsons
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2020, 07:24:23 PM »
this has become a bit ridiculous

anything people do has bias within

its funny, "science sux" while we continue to rely on it

lots of good scientists and studies out there. some bad eggs do not represent the masses. 

back to annonas...

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2020, 07:41:41 PM »
Scientist cant fully understand all those complicated organic chemistry reactions.They are just speculations.
And beware of the chemist who says ,,i know how all this works,im the biggest boss of this reaction,,.
Last time i had a debate with a big pharma chemist( american) i demolished all his theoryes ,disguised as a plumber to the point that even his verry old chemistry teacher fell for my trolling techniques .
If a psycho kills rats with annonacin injections ,that doesnt mean nothing except dont inject it to yourself.
Ive kept the second most powerfull toxin in the world in my bedroom ,live corals with palytoxin ,without any issues.
Test if your allergic before you eat the fruits ( especially if your known allergic) and eat responsibly because as somewhone pointed earlyer,too much of a good thing its bad.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
rats fed with Annona species
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2020, 08:22:45 PM »
In some experiments, rats have been fed with Annona sp. fruit, o.k., but i know that rats easily devour the seeds too. A mouse at home ate some persimmon seeds i was keeping for planting, while it did not eat the rat poison set for it. Seems they like to gnaw hard seeds, rodents they are. Still we don't know if rats were harmed by eating Annona sp. pulp.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2020, 09:06:56 PM »

Jabba The Hutt

• Appleton, New York, 6b/Pine Island, Bokeelia, Florida 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2020, 09:19:29 PM »
You only need to know who funds any scientific or medical study to discern what motives they have to reach their conclusions. True independent and unbiased research is extremely rare these days.

I don't understand some of these claims.  You do realize the majority of research in the US is funded by public tax monies from NIH?  You can literarily read where the study was funded on almost every study on Pubmed.gov ; it will say it right there.  Most research by PhDs at universities are paid a pittance and work to obtain grants from the govt that will fund their research idea.  Independent research is actually quite common; perhaps everyone does have their bias.  The scientific process is designed to eliminate bias as much as possible (especially with randomized controlled trials). 

In reality I am more skeptical of "big herb."  The supplement industry is HUGE these days, and there are a lot of people marketing different things for different reasons.  There is almost minimal regulation for supplements in the US.  You can make almost any claim and idiots will believe you and buy your item.  I could post a facebook article titled "promising new research shows a special subtype of mulberry may hold natural cure to lupus" and that would get shared a million times and people like Jabbathehutt would buy my supplements. 

In the last 10 years there has been a big movement against science and support for controversial theories: 
-People believe modern vaccinations are generally more harmful than beneficial. 
-People believe pharma is hiding the "cure for HIV"
-Some people believe the holocaust didn't happen. 
-Some people believe the earth is flat. 

What do you say to these people?  I know I will get more out of talking to my dog's butthole.

I missed this beauty of a reply by you somehow...

University research is the most trustworthy and unbiased I have seen.

You are right about supplements people are abusing the minimal regulations making outrageous claims. But what I find amusing and I think you should know better is that you absolutely CANNOT make a claim that it would cure Lupus... That is absolutely absurd, the FDA would be up your ass so fast you wouldn't know what hit you!

I don't buy supplements or into other people's bull$#!+. As you can see I am not gullible, I don't just accept every word Dr. Neuroscience spouts just because he says I should or else I disrespect his almighty University Degree. ::) 

I hate orthomolecular supplementation, I rather get my vitamins and minerals via natural methods(fruits,veggies,biosynthesis). I guess this makes me what? A conspiracy theorist?

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2020, 09:23:40 PM »
The main gist of the article I posted is a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is very good but may not be for the reasons you think!.And supplements not so much but the good and bad in plants(toxins vs antioxidants).This is new thinking so...

You have to remember that many people in the United States no longer grow their own food.  They are purchasing these fruits and vegetables from the grocery stores and by the time it is purchased have lost most of the vitamins and other nutrients.

If it ever even has a full gamut of vitamins and minerals to begin with, not many people take the time to care for their soil, especially Big Agriculture! Then the ripeness is never there as it is always picked wayyyy too early. It's just a recipe for disaster.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2020, 09:32:16 PM »
Scientist cant fully understand all those complicated organic chemistry reactions.They are just speculations.
And beware of the chemist who says ,,i know how all this works,im the biggest boss of this reaction,
Last time i had a debate with a big pharma chemist( american) i demolished all his theoryes ,disguised as a plumber to the point that even his verry old chemistry teacher fell for my trolling techniques .
If a psycho kills rats with annonacin injections ,that doesnt mean nothing except dont inject it to yourself.
Ive kept the second most powerfull toxin in the world in my bedroom ,live corals with palytoxin ,without any issues.
Test if your allergic before you eat the fruits ( especially if your known allergic) and eat responsibly because as somewhone pointed earlyer,too much of a good thing its bad.

Well said Walnut... However the narcissism gets ahold of these people and they suddenly aren't speculating or theorizing, they are giving you facts. My point was there is too much narcissism and bias in most eveything people are touching and it needs to stop.

Also that is not possible to demolish the theories of a Pharm Chemist as they are God and everything they say is pure facts straight from the mouth of God ::)

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile

Garden_Harley_FL

• Bradenton, Florida 9b
    • View Profile
    • Garden FL
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2020, 09:43:00 PM »
You only need to know who funds any scientific or medical study to discern what motives they have to reach their conclusions. True independent and unbiased research is extremely rare these days.

I don't understand some of these claims.  You do realize the majority of research in the US is funded by public tax monies from NIH?  You can literarily read where the study was funded on almost every study on Pubmed.gov ; it will say it right there.  Most research by PhDs at universities are paid a pittance and work to obtain grants from the govt that will fund their research idea.  Independent research is actually quite common; perhaps everyone does have their bias.  The scientific process is designed to eliminate bias as much as possible (especially with randomized controlled trials). 

In reality I am more skeptical of "big herb."  The supplement industry is HUGE these days, and there are a lot of people marketing different things for different reasons.  There is almost minimal regulation for supplements in the US.  You can make almost any claim and idiots will believe you and buy your item.  I could post a facebook article titled "promising new research shows a special subtype of mulberry may hold natural cure to lupus" and that would get shared a million times and people like Jabbathehutt would buy my supplements. 

In the last 10 years there has been a big movement against science and support for controversial theories: 

What do you say to these people?  I know I will get more out of talking to my dog's butthole.

You are right about supplements people are abusing the minimal regulations making outrageous claims. But what I find amusing and I think you should know better is that you absolutely CANNOT make a claim that it would cure Lupus... That is absolutely absurd, the FDA would be up your ass so fast you wouldn't know what hit you!

I don't buy supplements or into other people's bull$#!+. As you can see I am not gullible, I don't just accept every word Dr. Neuroscience spouts just because he says I should or else I disrespect his almighty University Degree. ::) 

I hate orthomolecular supplementation, I rather get my vitamins and minerals via natural methods(fruits,veggies,biosynthesis). I guess this makes me what? A conspiracy theorist?

Lol I guess we would be considered conspiracy theorists.
Harley
Garden Instagram: http://instagram.com/garden_florida
Youtube Garden Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6i8EQzQEZ8twcQptkD360w

I heart Annonaceae

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2020, 11:06:34 PM »

lots of good scientists and studies out there. some bad eggs do not represent the masses. 

back to annonas...

Science is amazing, it's the narcissistic scientists that suck! To be a scientist you should be adhering to the pursuit of truth, unfortunately there are lots of bad apples that get their funk all over chemistry and physics and they continue to spread their taint relentlessly. ;)

Pnguyen

• USA, CA, Orange, 10a & 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2020, 11:11:08 PM »
The main gist of the article I posted is a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is very good but may not be for the reasons you think!.And supplements not so much but the good and bad in plants(toxins vs antioxidants).This is new thinking so...

You have to remember that many people in the United States no longer grow their own food.  They are purchasing these fruits and vegetables from the grocery stores and by the time it is purchased have lost most of the vitamins and other nutrients.

Agree...Not only the lost of nutrient. We don’t even know what stuff they have on the food that we purchased.  I was trying to grow some fingerling potatoes and cannot buy potatoes seedling.  Therefore, I went to the supermarket to get a bag of mix fingerlings. I placed them in a jar half filled with water to facilitate the sprouting. After a full week, no sprout on any of the potatoes. I went on YouTube and many said they spray the supermarkets potatoes with anti sprouting chemical for longer shelf life. The potatoes from supermarket might grow but could take a very long time.  I then went to Whole Food Market for another bag of certified organic mix fingerlings.  The new new batch sprouts after three days after half submerged in water while other still did not do anything after 1.5 week.

Just imagine...the food that we purchased not only not at the optimum nutrition values but also full on unknowns chemicals.  It is best to grown our fruits. With 99.99% certainty, the stuff from supermarket will get us long before any natural toxin from our own fruits can get us.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2020, 11:12:14 PM »

Lol I guess we would be considered conspiracy theorists.

I just purchased a mile long roll of aluminum foil should we proceed to have a hat making party?? :P

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 11:21:50 PM »

Agree...Not only the lost of nutrient. We don’t even know what stuff they have on the food that we purchased.  I was trying to grow some fingerling potatoes and cannot buy potatoes seedling.  Therefore, I went to the supermarket to get a bag of mix fingerlings. I placed them in a jar half filled with water to facilitate the sprouting. After a full week, no sprout on any of the potatoes. I went on YouTube and many said they spray the supermarkets potatoes with anti sprouting chemical for longer shelf life. The potatoes from supermarket might grow but could take a very long time.  I then went to Whole Food Market for another bag of certified organic mix fingerlings.  The new new batch sprouts after three days after half submerged in water while other still did not do anything after 1.5 week.

Just imagine...the food that we purchased not only not at the optimum nutrition values but also full on unknowns chemicals.  It is best to grown our fruits. With 99.99% certainty, the stuff from supermarket will get us long before any natural toxin from our own fruits can get us.

Boom, this is correct! 8)

But the studies say all these "harmful" neurotoxins are completely safe and good for you, Dr's don't see a correlation, Bayer thinks you should drink a gallon of roundup a day to keep you from having a heart attack or stroke even though it will eat your stomach lining out...

I mean all these chemicals just sound so wonderful maybe we should start taking IV drips of them!

Sorry, I'm being facetious... Grow your own food when you can and if you can't then find somebody you can actually trust!!

sharkbait

• Usa, Fl, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »

back to annonas...

Science is amazing, it's the narcissistic scientists that suck! To be a scientist you should be adhering to the pursuit of truth, unfortunately there are lots of bad apples that get their funk all over chemistry and physics and they continue to spread their taint relentlessly. ;)

Funny who you should call narcissistic.  May want to take a look in the mirror. 

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »

back to annonas...

Funny who you should call narcissistic.  May want to take a look in the mirror.

LOL! I have never had anybody call me narcissistic, that's one thing I most certainly am not. I am a very humble, empathetic person. I don't go around flaunting degrees and accolades, if somebody knows something then they know something regardless of education... I would never disparage another person, I will listen to anybodies opinion on anything.

sharkbait

• Usa, Fl, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2020, 01:19:42 PM »

LOL! I have never had anybody call me narcissistic, that's one thing I most certainly am not. I am a very humble, empathetic person. I don't go around flaunting degrees and accolades, if somebody knows something then they know something regardless of education... I would never disparage another person, I will listen to anybodies opinion on anything.

you are delusional.  for a significant part of this thread you didn't even want to engage evidence before you, and are narcissistic in presenting what you are saying as facts without anything to back it up.  I just presented evidence, and encourage people to read the data and make a judgement for themselves.  I never presented things as "I have a degree and these are the facts of life" like you are stating (other than stating that nigrostriatal neurons probably don't regenerate, which is widely known and refuted by almost no one except you).  That is classically characterized as an ad hominem attack, and a weak style of argument.  You became irrationally angry at this and posted a source, which your own source contradicted the point you were making

For instance, you stated "doctors never cure they just treat."  Yea hmm what about appendicitis?  What about resection of a localized cancer that has not spread (such as a nose basal carcinoma).  What about a cardiac rhabdomyoma causing vascular compromise.  You speak as an authority about things you don't anything about, and you are part of the modern problem involving the active spread of disinformation.  It is fair to point out weakness of arguments or weaknesses of existing data (which I have not been shy about discussing), it is not fair to say "fake news" because you strongly believe your opinion.  That makes you narcissistic.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:44:00 PM by sharkbait »

sharkbait

• Usa, Fl, Orlando, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2020, 01:27:38 PM »

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2020, 01:50:48 PM »

you are delusional.  for a significant part of this thread you didn't even want to engage evidence before you, and are narcissistic in presenting what you are saying as facts without anything to back it up.  I just presented evidence, and encourage people to read the data and make a judgement for themselves.  I never presented things as "I have a degree and these are the facts of life" like you are stating (other than stating that nigrostrial neurons probably don't regenerate, which is widely known and refuted by almost no one except you).  That is classically characterized as an ad hominem attack, and a weak style of argument.  You became irrationally angry at this and posted a source, which your own source contradicted the point you were making

For instance, you stated "doctors have never cured anything they just treat."  Yea hmm what about appendicitis?  What about localized cancers that have not spread (such as a nose basal cell).  What about a cardiac rhabdomyoma.  You speak as an authority about things you don't anything about, and you are part of the modern problem involving the active spread of disinformation.  It is fair to point out weakness of arguments or weaknesses of existing data (which I have not been shy about discussing), it is not fair to say "fake news" because you strongly believe your opinion.  That makes you narcissistic.

I'm delusional? Shark, I'll engage evidence all day, I'm not hiding anything. I invite all theories but that is what you are standing on just as much as I am... Just because a medical doctor or neuroscientist state something does NOT make it a fact!

I'm sorry you feel attacked, I'm just having a friendly back and forth with you, I didn't know you'd get all butthurt over it and claim ad hominem... I can take it all day but don't expect to dish it out without receiving something back.

You're clearly mad because everybody sees through this weak study that you were all excited to present like it was your life's work! Was this your baby or something?!

I'm not saying what I say is fact but it is my opinion and I can get doctors who will agree with me even though they are hard to find because it is against the grain of allopathic theories.

OK, why are doctors so afraid of the word cure? Because it isn't in their vocabulary except when it comes to garnishing donations...

Especially when it comes to cancer they don't cure, they treat and say you are in remission and won't dare say the word cure... So don't make up bullcrap for the medical community which clearly YOU know nothing about just based on these claims you make of them "curing"

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2020, 02:25:06 PM »
Time to go out in the garden and do some work anyhow.
Backburner this not to let it simmer and stew but rehash it later on if need be.
This annona / parkinsons reasoning usually ends up at this point as its been discussed throughout the years. It’s not going anywhere or affecting anyone’s opinion one way or the other.
Plant a seed that will grow instead.

knlim000

• redwood city,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »
in moderation?  too much of anything is not good.
sugar or salt is ok, but too much is detrimental .  My cousin's teen  son was forced to eat a bowl of  salt+chili without anything, and died from it afterward.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 04:52:02 PM »
Time to go out in the garden and do some work anyhow.
Backburner this not to let it simmer and stew but rehash it later on if need be.
This annona / parkinsons reasoning usually ends up at this point as its been discussed throughout the years. It’s not going anywhere or affecting anyone’s opinion one way or the other.
Plant a seed that will grow instead.

Absolutely! No hard feelings Sharky.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 05:04:47 PM »
in moderation?  too much of anything is not good.
sugar or salt is ok, but too much is detrimental .  My cousin's teen  son was forced to eat a bowl of  salt+chili without anything, and died from it afterward.

A bowl of salt and chili? Like iodized salt and hot pepper or salt and chili made from tomato?

Too much salt will give you a great example of how damaging excess will be to your body especially kidneys and adrenal glands. Our bodies are constantly looking to remain in homeostasis like anything that has to do with chemistry! Too much or too little of anything can be detrimental.

Tommyng

• Acreage florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 06:40:12 PM »

back to annonas...

You have no idea the taint that’s been embedded in medical research. You should look at the placebos they are using for covid vaccines. You would think a double blind study would use saline as it’s control.
Don’t rush, take time and enjoy life and food.

Jabba The Hutt

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 08:47:04 PM »

back to annonas...

You have no idea the taint that’s been embedded in medical research. You should look at the placebos they are using for covid vaccines. You would think a double blind study would use saline as it’s control.

My point exactly... the taint on medical research is the worst kind. They will do anything to get a drug through or vaccine to TREAT not cure remind you... That's what is scary about the covid vaccine is they are trying to push it through without regulation. Not that it matters because the FDA will approve some pretty grusome stuff!

Bush2Beach

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 09:00:12 PM »
Taint no thing they’ll tell you, you just gotta renew those prescriptions, FOR LIFE. It will keep you “well”.