Author Topic: Rarepalmseeds.com, I feel like I got scammed  (Read 1791 times)

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
Rarepalmseeds.com, I feel like I got scammed
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:50:00 AM »
Has anyone successfully ordered from them recently?

I made an order about a month and a half ago, and I immediately tried to change my order the same day because I forgot to add phyto certificates. Well they initially responded to me the first time but haven't responded the many email I've sent afterwards.
They've taken a bunch of my money but can't even respond to a single email for over a month. I really don't recommend this company for seeds.

Any recommendations on how to get my money back with this German company when I live in the United states?

JandJPalms

• Kilauea, Kauai HI Z11
    • View Profile
Re: Rarepalmseeds.com, I feel like I got scammed
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
I, too, placed an order over a month ago, and my account shows the order is still "processing". But I've always had good service from RPS, and I don't think they are scamming us.  It's much more likely that this is a COVID-related delay. I'm not sure if mail service between here and Germany is at all reliable right now, so I'm going to give them some more time before I get concerned.

Forester

• Zone 4 Russia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
I will never buy from them again. Not a single seed sprouted from my two orders.
❀ Sergey ❀

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
I will never buy from them again. Not a single seed sprouted from my two orders.
Well, i have bought from them, most seeds did not germinate, but all the Solanaceae species i bought from them germinated well. Also, two Geoffrea decorticans from them seem to be growing. Also, the nymphaea seeds (water lilies) germinate well, because such seeds can remain live for centuries. For other seeds from them, there seems to be no hope, but i wait till the end of summer, maybe some temperature rise make some seeds germinate.

Giannhs

• 9b zone
    • View Profile
    • friendly group
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 02:41:31 PM »
I simply think RPS and other international seeds sites do not do the right thing. What they ought to do is, when their seeds are kept  so long that they may lose their viability, then they should germinate their seeds themselves, and then send seedlings, not seeds, to their costumers. Of course, a seedling should be sold at least at ten times the price of a small pack of seeds, but i would rather pay 10 euro for one live seedling than 1 euro for ten seeds that will not germinate and only waste my efforts. And i believe all growers here would have the same preference for live seedlings.

Nyuu

• Florida , lake placid 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 05:50:57 PM »
I Got seeds  from them sometime ago but I got my seeds and a germinated well  white bird of paradise and Orange . please remember to think that some seeds might be more difficult or harder to Germinated as well and that's just pure nature

JSea

• New Zealand, 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
They charge 122 EUR for shipping one packet of seeds to New Zealand, excluding phyto certificates. I've received seeds from other reputable European seed suppliers for 5 EUR~ postage, which were inspected by our border agents and allowed in fine. I have asked why the shipping cost is so high, but have yet to receive a reply. They claim we have strict requirements for seed entry into NZ, but I don't think clean seed labelled with scientific name, and packet declares contents as 'Seed for sowing' are very strict at all, but rather the bare minimum...

SeaWalnut

• Romania zone 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 06:17:37 PM »
Ive ordered 5 types of seeds from them( 5 small packets) to make the minimum 30 euro to order the seeds.
None of those seeds germinated ,not even with GA3.
They have rare seeds thogh .

Tetsu0

• USA, FL, Tampa, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 09:01:14 PM »
Well hopefully, I have some luck germinating my seeds.

They finally just send me a shipped notification and tracking for my order, and they indeed added the phyto certificate I requested. So good on them. Maybe they saw my post here and got it done lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk