Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Cherimoya Season 2019 (So Cal)

(1/15) > >>

behlgarden:
Well, we are there folks, Cherimoya in my yard are sizing up, some trees are behind others, but I expect small crop enough to taste, not a bumper crop given every year I get burned out fruits due to intense heat waves, plus I did not have enough time to pollinate them. I got Nata, Sabor, Helmut, Orton, Pierce, Campas, Campus, Behl, Deliciousa fruited. All others either burned out or dropped.

now with heat waves gone, cold temps on cards are excellent for Anona sizing up and sweetness. just pray we dont get rain for another 6 weeks, otherwise with cold temp and rain, fruits would split.

how is your garden looking for Anonas?

spaugh:
Behl, I picked a couple knights over the weekend.  Had one today, was nice 26brix, it has a great flavor and not too many  seeds.  This is the first year my trees are making a good crop.

behlgarden:
Awesome Brad, love when you get good variety with fewer seeds. Early anonas are always not up to par. I cant wait for Helmut, sabor, pierce, and Behl from my yard, these are always exceptional.

simon_grow:
My fruit are sizing up finally, they were growing and then stayed about the same size for about 6 weeks and are now starting to grow again. I didn’t think as much as I was planning to so I think my fruit may be smaller this year.

Simon

Oolie:
I must have picked Big Sister too early, it was only average, and had some grit.
It was large and beginning to yellow. I will begin shaking the fruit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version