Author Topic: Looking for natural mystic, purple haze, delight and Halley’s Comet dragon fruit  (Read 3446 times)

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Hi,

If you are going to prune the tree and consider throwing away, please let me know. I am willing to pay for the shipping fee/cost of the cutting or pick up locally.

Thanks,
Dragon

RodneyS

• Cerritos, CA (Zone 11a)
    • View Profile
I have delight and hailey's comet

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Hi RodneyS,

Would you please tell me more information about this two variety such as their sweetness, weight, production and self polinate or cross pollination . I heard really much about the names but have no knowledge about it.

Thanks,

Dragon

RusTropic

• Arkhangelsk, Russia
    • View Profile
I bought many different types of cutting here http://www.spicyexotics.com
Vera

RodneyS

• View Profile
Delight & Hailey's Comet
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »
Per another website

Delight
HYLOCEREUS POLYRHIZUS X H. UNDATUS HYBRID-' DELIGHT '- Is a self polinating, very fertile and produces an abundance of 3/4 lb to 1 lb fruit that has a nice pinkish pulp color with a smooth 'delightfull' texture, great for cocktails or fresh fruit smoothies.Fruit can be eaten fresh in jams as a garnish or juice in drinks. This variety is great scooped out with a spoon like ice cream! Huge nocturnal blooms over 14" across. Same growing medium as Epis but likes shade at the feet and the top growth likes to reach full sun to bloom well.If your coastal it can handle full sun. Blooms all summer, fruits are developed after blooming and ripen by fall. HYLOCEREUS HYBRID -DELIGHT an easy to grow Hylocereus that grows well with almost no spotting and is a reliable bloomer/fruit producer, usually blooms mid to late summer-likes the heat, fruit is ripe by fall. Roots easy just like Epiphyllums

Hailey's Comet
 HYLOCEREUS UNDATUS HYBRID- 'HAILEY'S COMET' Has a very large fruit averaging 1 and a half pounds to 2 lbs. Simular to Physical Graffiti with pinkish flesh but slightly more rounded fruit and shorter fins on exterior, and it will set fruit on its own. Huge nocturnal blooms over 13" across. Same growing medium as Epis but likes shade at the feet and the top growth likes to reach full sun to bloom well.If your coastal it can handle full sun. Blooms all summer, fruits are developed after blooming and ripen by fall.Strong grower! HYLOCEREUS HYBRID -HAILEY'S COMET is an easy to grow Hylocereus that grows well with almost no spotting and is a reliable bloomer/fruit producer, usually blooms mid to late summer-likes the heat, fruit is ripe by fall.

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
RodneyS,

Thanks for the information . Just wonder if your trees have fruited and do you like it.

RodneyS

• View Profile
haze, delight and Halley’s Comet dragon fruit
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 05:01:36 PM »
I have.  My favorite from what I have is American Beauty.  Nice big fruit

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
I bought many different types of cutting here http://www.spicyexotics.com

Rustropic,

How much is the shipping fee for more than one cutting? Is it long and healthy vine? How long it takes to fruit at your house?

RusTropic

• Arkhangelsk, Russia
    • View Profile
It was delivered to me for free. The cutting is quite large and looks healthy. I bought it in August.
Vera

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Re: haze, delight and Halley’s Comet dragon fruit
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 05:12:47 PM »
I have.  My favorite from what I have is American Beauty.  Nice big fruit

I have American beauty too. It had one fruit when I first bought it in nov 2016 , but not produce any bloom since then. The same thing happened to my red sugar. My physical graffiti produced many sweet fruits with different sizes.  I enjoyed the taste very much.

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
It was delivered to me for free. The cutting is quite large and looks healthy. I bought it in August.

Do you know how many I have to buy to get free shipping? Do you have pics?

RusTropic

• Arkhangelsk, Russia
    • View Profile
I bought three varieties of K-1, C.Charlie and Bruni, and it was free shipping.
Vera

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
I bought three varieties of K-1, C.Charlie and Bruni, and it was free shipping.

Thanks Rustropic

marklee

• Chula Vista, California Zone 24 or 10b
    • View Profile
Hi,

If you are going to prune the tree and consider throwing away, please let me know. I am willing to pay for the shipping fee/cost of the cutting or pick up locally.

Thanks,
Dragon
Dragon, I've got a bunch of different varieties available, a lot rooted in 1, 5 and 15 gal, or if you need cuttings. I just don't have purple haze. I'm down in Chula Vista. I'm around on weekends if you wanted to check some out.
Mark

Brandon909

• Ontario, California
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,
Dragon
you should check out Linda Nickerson Elk creek farm in fallbrook it's one of the best places to get Dragon fruit plants

dragon

• San Diego
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks Brandon909.
Thanks everyone for sugesstions and offerrings. I think I am going to check out linda farm in fallbrook to see if she has good price and healthy trees, and also a chance to visit a farm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk