Author Topic: Reliable Thai Ebay Vendors?  (Read 2118 times)

sildanani

• U.S.A OH, 6a
    • View Profile
Reliable Thai Ebay Vendors?
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:01:37 PM »
I'm not a fan of eBay tropical fruit seed sellers. The Thai vendors have some interesting seeds for low prices. I have had two experiences back when I first started this hobby, and they were both poor. Shipping is about 10 days, but many of the vendors do not pack seeds correctly. They'll send the right thing, but it won't be shipped in a medium such as perlite, peat moss, or some other damp sterile material. Not fricken wet paper towels. Many of the seeds sold have short viability, so one must pack them properly. People give them good ratings, but they have no proof of germination when they receive the seeds. Now I primarily buy domestically.

My question for you all: Are there any good/outstanding Thai Vendors on eBay. (Otherwise I'll never bother with it again.) :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:07:35 PM by sildanani »
Anisha

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
Re: Reliable Thai Ebay Vendors?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »
I've had some good and some bad experiences for some reason the good sellers never seem to last long and the bad  stick around:(
Funny enough my good Thai experiences have always been from really cheap sellers. Maybe that is why they never last ha ha.

Good tropical seed sellers in general are getting even more scarce now. Only good seller i use on eBay at the moment is Isrealseeds and only good always reliable website seller I know is Fruitlovers.

Thai sellers were great because my currency is very weak and 1st world seed sellers are out of my price range usually :( Please let me know if you find any good Thai sources!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:19:19 PM by stuartdaly88 »
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
I know several sellers from Australia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thai and the Caribbean and They are all good. And Yes, they are all from ebay.

When you are going to buy something from "unknown seller", always try  to ask him/her a tricky question like about the seed viability or do you ship your seeds with coconut coir (moist medium) or not.

From his/her response you will know if the seller knows what he/she is doing.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:42:28 PM by EvilFruit »
Moh'd

EvilFruit

• Dubai, UAE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »
I'm not a fan of eBay tropical fruit seed sellers. The Thai vendors have some interesting seeds for low prices. I have had two experiences back when I first started this hobby, and they were both poor. Shipping is about 10 days, but many of the vendors do not pack seeds correctly. They'll send the right thing, but it won't be shipped in a medium such as perlite, peat moss, or some other damp sterile material. Not fricken wet paper towels. Many of the seeds sold have short viability, so one must pack them properly. People give them good ratings, but they have no proof of germination when they receive the seeds. Now I primarily buy domestically.

My question for you all: Are there any good/outstanding Thai Vendors on eBay. (Otherwise I'll never bother with it again.) :P

You could ask Sinann, he was a member of this forum. He was selling Korlan and mangosteen seeds about two years ago.

I believe Bangkok/Erick got his early bearing mangosteen from him.  ::) ::) ::)
Moh'd

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 04:30:44 AM »
I know several sellers from Australia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thai and the Caribbean and They are all good. And Yes, they are all from ebay.

When you are going to buy something from "unknown seller", always try  to ask him/her a tricky question like about the seed viability or do you ship your seeds with coconut coir (moist medium) or not.

From his/her response you will know if the seller knows what he/she is doing.
Please post here or PM me those sellers :)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

bbudd

• thailand,chiang rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »
Hi folks
Located in North Thailand
Usually just trade seeds -but if you need something I'm sure it can be worked out