Author Topic: Cherimoya Grafted Yesterday  (Read 1933 times)

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
Cherimoya Grafted Yesterday
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:44 AM »
Thanks to Gary for shipping me three kinds of Annoa scions. This was my first time grafting so I am not sure how it will turn out, but I did my best and also cut my finger, LOL

I did Cleft and Veneer grafting, thinking at least one or two grafts out of some 9 would pan out. I also grafted AAPL, Pear, and mixed and matched them for trials. Also grafted Longan (I have least hopes for this one).

Lets see how my grafts go, I have least expectations, but you never know. All I can say is that all scions that I grafted and root stocks were juicy and were ready to breakout. Hopefully the grafts get accepted.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Re: Cherimoya Grafted Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
Thanks to Gary for shipping me three kinds of Annoa scions. This was my first time grafting so I am not sure how it will turn out, but I did my best and also cut my finger, LOL

I did Cleft and Veneer grafting, thinking at least one or two grafts out of some 9 would pan out. I also grafted AAPL, Pear, and mixed and matched them for trials. Also grafted Longan (I have least hopes for this one).

Lets see how my grafts go, I have least expectations, but you never know. All I can say is that all scions that I grafted and root stocks were juicy and were ready to breakout. Hopefully the grafts get accepted.

Congrats Behl, hope the grafts go well for you. I noticed you said AAPL=Apple?, a slip perhaps thinking of the stock  ;).
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

behlgarden

• CA, Zone 10 B
    • View Profile
    • LED Bulbs for Landscape Lighting
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »
You are right, I was thinking about AAPL as stock at the time I was writing, LOL, I meant apple.  I really hope I get some success on graft. weather here is cool and is going to turn quite warm. Fingers crossed.

Patrick

• Administrator
    • USA, Palm Beach, FL 33467, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »
Maybe you could graft some AAPL stock onto my C stock!

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 02:46:35 PM »
Maybe you could graft some AAPL stock onto my C stock!

Nice joke  ;D
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.